together.

Waking up in the middle of the night and not finding Sean beside her was not an unusual event for Kaycee. He wasn't a good sleeper, always having too much was on his mind to relax enough, even having his angel of a girlfriend in the bed beside him didn't help. He usually spends the AM's in their garage trying to come up with new choreography or in the corner of their room editing another video while his girlfriend peacefully slept in their bed.

Kaycee sat up, hearing soft distant music coming from the garage. She frowned and pulled the covers to the side, then swung her legs off the bed. She grabbed one of his sweaters and slipped it over her head, it swallowed her petite frame, almost reaching her knees. Following the sound of the music and tying up her hair in the process, she slowly mad here way down to her boyfriend.

Watching her genius of a boyfriend in his element was one of her favourite things to do. She stared as he turned, flipped and ran around the room. She smiled and leaned against the wall, wondering if he had seen her come in, closed her eyes and she listened to the sounds of his feet moving in time to the music.

As the music started to end, Sean sat down, running his hand along the floor, mimicking some choreography. She stumbled over to him and sank to meet him.

"Come to bed, please baby," she pleaded, running her hands through his hair.

"I'm sorry love, I need to finish this piece. Go back, I'll join you later, okay?" he replied, getting up and walking to the speaker. Normally she would give up and walk away, but she could see the agony his body was in and the deepening bags under his eyes and felt as though she should say something.

"Sean, please, you hardly slept last night, you need to get at least a bit tonight. We have a class with Will and Janelle at midday," she said looking up at him with wide eyes.

"Kayc I'm good, go back to bed."

"No. You're exhausting yourself, Sean, I know you're stressed but you're overdoing it."

"Kaycee, seriously, I need to get this done."

"Please, you've been like this for weeks, it's not healthy for you."

"Kaycee-"

"Baby, if you go to sleep for a few hours, you can get back up and finish it then."

"Kaycee-"

"I can even help you if you want. Just stop for now and-"

"KAYCEE, for god sake, this is important and I don't need your help," Sean yelled, balling his fists.

Kaycee stumbled back, the colour draining from her face. He never yelled at her and if he did it was always in a playful manner. She knew he was stressed but she never thought he would yell at her.

"oh...I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I'll go" tears welled up in her eyes as she practically ran out the room, to get away from him. She made her way up to their room and curled up in a ball on the bed, burning her face in her hands.

"shit," he said, rubbing his eyes. "Kaycee" he raced up the stairs after her and sat down next to her. "baby... I'm being stupid I'm sorry."

As much as she wanted to, Kaycee couldn't bring herself to say anything. Her emotions got the best of her as the tears in her eyes began pouring down her cheeks. She lay down, facing away from him.

"Love, I didn't mean to yell at you," he lay down next to her and pulled her body towards his. "I'm stressed and I know that's no reason to yell but please talk to me."

"If you are stressed Sean, you talk to me. If somethings wrong were supposed to talk, we're not 15 anymore." she choked out, trying to shuffle out of his grip.

"I know baby I know. I'll go to sleep and tomorrow we can both work on the choreography," he replied, running his hands through the curls in her hair.

"Sean you said you don't want my help. Just go and I'll see you in the morning," she rolled away from him, expecting him to get up and leave.

"No, I'm going to stay and we're going to talk about all this," he said sitting up, leaning his head against the headboard, "You're right Kaycee, ok, I've been spending too much time in the garage and I'm sorry, I needed to finish the choreography for this piece and I got carried away. I'm sorry, I'll try better, I will."

"It's not just this piece Sean, it's every piece recently. You detach yourself from everyone and sit in the garage all day, you don't sleep or eat, you pretend I don't even exist. I hate it, Sean and I know you say you try better but I feel like I'm not important to you anymore." finally managing to control her tears and slow her breathing

"What? Kayc, baby, why would you say that." he pulled her back to him and lay her head on his chest.

"You said that the choreography was important and that you didn't need my help, it kind of feels like you don't need me," she said, covering her face as the tears started again. Sean lifted his hands and pealed Kaycee's away from her face, looking into her eyes

"Love, you mean everything to me, don't ever think less than that. I do need you, I need you more than anything, I didn't mean to make you feel like this. I'm sorry for yelling at you or making you feel like anything less than the amazing, beautiful girl that you are," he said stroking his hand across her cheek. "a lot is going on at the moment and I guess I got lost in my work."

"but Sean I don't want you to get lost in your work and spend all day in the garage, I want you to be with me."

"I know, I want to be with you too," he said. They both sat in silence for a few minutes, Kaycee still wrapped in his arms.

"You should take a break," she suggested, looking up at him "clearly choreographing is stressing you out, it's making you hate something you've loved for all your life and tearing you away from everyone, maybe it would be good for you. A few weeks or months, something to let you have time to get back on track."

"Kaycee, I don't think I can do that. Just take months off, how would that work."

"We've been working every day since we were sixteen, I don't think a few months is going to matter. We could take a trip somewhere, we haven't been away for a while." She said, wiping a few final tears off her cheeks.

"We can do whatever you think will work, okay," he said, getting up and changing out of his sweaty dance clothes before laying down next to her in the bed. "In the morning we can work on the choreography for this piece together and then I promise I'll stop after that, okay?"

"Okay," she said as she wrapped her arms around his torso and tucked her head into the crook of his neck. "I'm sorry I didn't stop all this before it started Sean, I could have do-"

"Baby, this is all on me, I shouldn't have lost track of what was important to me. It's not your fault at all, I'm going to work on th- we're going to work on this, together." he leant and pecked her on the lips, then on the tip of her nose, then each of her cheeks. She looked up at him lovingly and smiled.

"Together"