apocalypse.

Hi, so to avoid any confusion about what is going on I should say that this one is set in a post-apocalyptic type of world, enjoy.

-

Sleeping on the cold warehouse floor kept her awake, intruding thoughts stopped her from relaxing enough. She liked to listen to him, his breathing, his hushed sleep talk and soft snores. She knows it sounds creepy but it's not. It's one of those things that put her mind at ease. Reminding her that he was next to her and they were together.

She moved her hand to lift his hair away from his eyes, resting it on his cheek, caressing it with her thumb. His hand lifted and laid on top of hers, a small smile appearing on his face. His hands were cold but he made her feel warm.

"Sorry" She whispered.

"I couldn't sleep either" he responded opening his eyes to meet her. There are many things she has seen that she wants to forget but always says his eyes are not one of them. The feeling of comfort like being wrapped in a warm blanket on a cold winters day.

"You know, it's been a year today." She said.

"Hmm, it's all I can think about, why I can't sleep." he returns as he pulls her to his chest and turns onto his back to face the ceiling. Kaycee looks around the room at everyone else, peacefully sleeping as they envision a different life. Maybe, one where they're at home, with their families, safe.

Kaycee hears the eerie echoing of the warehouse, the wind howling outside, then soft feet padding towards them. As she looked around for the source of the noise, her eyes catch Kali walking over with a small blanket in her hand, her big brown eyes staring at them. She points at the small space between them, so they separate and she lays down, Sean placing her blanket on the floor for so she has some comfort. She takes the position Kaycee was in before, her head lay on his chest and she falls back to sleep. Sean lets out a small chuckle and moves the blanket previously just for Kaycee and him so it covered all three of them. Delicately kissing her head and stroking her hair, then placing his hand on Kaycee's waist. His eye met her once more, then fluttered shut as deep sleep took over him.

When the sun rose the next day, Sean and Kali were awake, talking, giggling quietly. Kaycee could hear some people eating in a corner and others packing up their stuff in preparation for today.

"Hey sleepyhead, I thought you would never wake up" came from Sean followed by a much nicer "Morning, sissy" coming from Kali.

"Morning Kali, how'd you sleep?" Kaycee said to her, ignoring Sean's remark and earning a snort from him in the process. She sat up and removed the blanket that was covering her and rolling it up as Kali replies,

"I couldn't sleep with the others, they're too noisy and you were talking and I wanted to come over here and sleep with you guys so I did and then I stayed here." She rambles, playing with Sean's hands while doing so.

"It's okay, I'm not mad at you, I just thought you'd be more comfortable on the mattress over there" She smiled at her and kissed her on the head, then asked Kali to hand her the pillow that was previously under her head. She shoved the blanket and pillow into the backpack that they owned, then stood up and walked to where some of their clothes were hanging to dry.

As Kaycee began to take down their clothes, her friend Bailey walked over and started doing the same.

"Ready for today?"

"I don't think I'll ever be," Kaycee replied. Bailey gave her a sympathetic look, then nodded over to Sean and Kali.

"I don't think he'll let anyone go anywhere near you or her without going through him first. He cares about you both way too much for anything to happen" she said