Fighter

Chapter 1-Fighter by: Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood

10 Years Old/12 Years Old

Whenever Josie needed to get away for a while and have some time to think in the quite, she would go out to the dock near the lake. It was beautiful out there and not many people came out here. They preferred to hang out in the old mill instead.

Today, Josie was sitting with her journal, just writing about everything that had happened that day. Think back on it, she was still shocked.

******

She had been having lunch alone due to the fact that Lizzie had to complete a makeup test. She hated eating alone, but it was just for one day. She had brought a book that she had been reading so she could have something to do.

About half way through lunch, a group of girls, you know the ones, the mean ones that think that they rule the school, came over and all sat around Josie.

"Look at this loser."
"She's such a loser not even her own sister wants to sit with her at lunch."

"She is such a nerd. Who reads when they don't have to?"

Josie didn't want to get upset and her mom had always told her to just walk away from mean girls. She placed her book mark into her book and stood up to walk away. She refused to lower herself to their level.

The head mean girl, grabbed her tray and pushed it into her shirt. This caused the gaggle of girls to break out in laughter.

Josie was on the verge of tears. She was barely holding them back, but she didn't want to cry in front of them and give them anything else to laugh at her for.

"Apologize, now!"

Looking up, the group of girls saw Hope Marshall walking towards them. The girl in charge just smirked.

"And what if we don't?"

"Then you can deal with me."

"Oh, I'm so scared."

Looking at Josie, Hope frowned. Seeing the younger girl so dejected because of these girls was strike one.

The older girl waved her hand and cleared all of the mess off Josie's shirt. However, instead of making it disappear, she created a triple amount. With a flick of her wrist, she flung it at the group of girls, muttering another series of spells.

The head girl waved her hand to clean herself off. Nothing happened. The other two witches tried the same, and again nothing happened. They attempted to remove the sweaters that they were wearing over their shirts, and they wouldn't come off.

"What did you do you stupid bitch?"

Hope glared at the girls. That was yet another strike for the girls. They really didn't want to get to three.

"Nothing that you didn't do first. I'm just smart enough to make it stick."

Josie's eyes were as big as saucers. She couldn't believe that Hope was helping her. But what she didn't understand was why. Why would she help her? They weren't friends, not really. She never really spent time or talked with the twins.

Not that Josie was complaining. She was grateful for the help, and honestly, she has had a crush on Hope for years.

"Hey Jo, are you ok? Do you want to finish your lunch with me?"

"Um, yes. I would like that if it is ok."

Smiling, Hope picked up the brunette's tray, waving her hand to replace the ruined food and they started to walk over to the table that no one sat as, since everyone knew that Hope sat there.