Ice Cream

The rest of the time that the girls spent in New Orleans was amazing. There was something different each day as Hope made sure of that. She didn't want them to get bored or for Josie to think that New Orleans didn't have a lot to offer. She wanted Josie to get the feel for the real city and not just the tourist attractions.

Since a lot of these places required a car ride, Freya had mixed Josie up a cure for her motion sickness. It was amazing, Josie was able to ride in the car for hours without getting sick. One dose about ten minutes before traveling and it would last for twelve hours. Since it worked so well, Freya promised to write the formula down for her.

They spent the entire third day wondering around the Art Museum. Hope showed Josie all of her favorite pieces and explained to her why they were her favorites. She showed her which ones her mother had liked. She even pointed out which of her father's paintings where on loan there. Hope got lost in the art and in her memories. When tears came to her eyes, Josie slipped her hand down the shorter girls arm, twining their fingers together. Letting her know that she was there and that she would hold her through her emotional storm.

"I've got you baby. I'm here."

They spent another hour just walking around, admiring the art. Josie held Hope the whole time, never once letting her go.

After that, Hope took Josie out to dinner, and they wondered the streets enjoying the music and the festivities. Getting swept away in one of the parades that was marching down the street.

On the fourth day, Hope took Josie to the Aquarium and the Zoo. Josie loved animals and was like a kid in a candy store running around from one exhibit to the next.

"I love seeing all of the animals, but it makes me sad that they are caged and aren't able to roam free."

"I know baby, but most of the animals were injured when they were brought in. They wouldn't survive in the wild. Their babies are breed in captivity. I do think that all Zoos should have programs to release the babies into the wild though."

After walking all day, the two were tired and just wanted to relax. They picked up some food on the way back to the compound and went to Hope's room and played some more on Final Fantasy 8. Josie had quickly become addicted to the game and was spending just as much time as Hope with the controller in her hand.

The girls only had two more days in New Orleans, and while everyone was sad, they had amazing memories from this visit. Josie would absolutely like to come back someday. There was so much to this town. She didn't think that she would truly be able to see everything in a whole lifetime.

Today's active, was the promised homemade beignets. Josie had been waiting for this the entire trip. She wanted to see Hope in and apron. This was sure to be her favorite part of the whole vacation. If only just because she got to see her girl being all domestic.

"Ok, so Auntie Bex said that her and Freya made sure that I had everything that I needed to make the beignets. We are ready to start the baking, but first, you should put this on."

Hope handed her an apron of her own. It was bright yellow and had a Kola Bear on the front, with the words, 'Hug the Cook' written in black.

"Hope! This is so cute!"

"Yeah, I saw it at the Zoo gift shop and couldn't resist. It made me think of you. You are my own personal Kola."

As if to prove her point, Josie ran over and jumped into her girl's arms wrapping her arms and legs around her holding her close. She leaned in and gave her what was supposed to be a chaste kiss.

As the girls were increasingly learning this week, chaste isn't something that lasted long when the two were alone. In fact, every member of the Mikaelson family has walked in on the two making out at least once.