Hate It When You See Me Cry

Song: Hate It When You See Me Cry by: Halestorm

13 Years Old/15 Years Old

It had been three years since the whole girls on the ceiling incident. From that day on, no one ever picked on Josie again. At least not where Hope could see it. And Heaven help it if you did and Hope found out. To say the least, people mostly left the brunette alone.

Hope and Josie never really got too much closer. The older girl never did come to collect her kiss. Josie wasn't sure if she was happy about that or not. On the one hand, she didn't want to kiss someone because she had to instead of wanted to. On the other hand, she has had a crush on Hope since she was eight years old.

Hope wasn't as stand offish as she used to be, but she wasn't really outwardly friendly either. Whenever she would actually leave her room and come to the dining hall, Josie had an open invitation to sit with her. But, it was rare these days that she ever came down.

Tragically, a week ago, it was revealed that Hope was a Mikaelson and a tribrid. This came on the back of the announcement that Hope had lost her mother.

Hope had been out of school and this was supposed to be her first day back. Josie hadn't seen her yet, but she was hoping that maybe if she stopped by later tonight, that Hope would open her door for her.

Josie had assisted her father picking out the flowers and card that they left for Hope in her room. Lizzie didn't understand.

"Why are you so obsessed with Hope? Especially now that you know that she comes from that family. They are all evil!"

"Elizabeth! I am shocked by you right now! She just lost her mother! How could you be so mean! And you don't even know her family. How would you like to be judge just because our Uncle Kai is insane?"

The blond twin looked down, and Josie could see the color painting her cheeks. She knew what it was like to be judged based on family.

"I know. I'm sorry. It's just that you spend all of your time talking about her and thinking about her. You really are obsessed."

"I'm not. I just think that she has had a rough time. Think about it. She could never really be close to anyone since she had to hide who she really was. That meant that she would either have to isolate herself or lie to any friends that she made about who she was. It's no wonder she avoided most people."

"You're right. But she didn't have to be so mean about it. I have tried to make friends with her. Heck, you are the closest anyone ever got. She will at least talk to you sometimes."

"I think that is because I never ask her extremely personal questions. We mostly talk about spells, books, music, movies and TV, and stuff like that."

"That is more than she talked about with me. They paired us together for History of Magic for a project, and all I ever got were one word answers, and directions."

"Well, that is something. When Penelope got paired with her, all she did was grunt at her."

Lizzie laughed at that. She never liked the raven haired witch. She thought that she was the Queen of the school.

"Well, that makes me like her better."

Josie shook her head with a little smile. She turned back to her desk where she was trying to finish a note that she was writing for Hope. She wanted her to know that she was there for her, even if she didn't want to open her door. When she finished the note, she whispered a time delayed spell.

"I'll be back later. I'm going to go an attempt to check on Hope."

"Good luck, and Jo, tell her that I'm thinking of her too. I know we may not be friends, but you're right. She hasn't had it easy. If she needs friends, I'll be there for her too."