Wonderwall

I want to say that I am sorry that this chapter took so long. I started grad school on Monday and I have a lot of work to do for this. So sadly, I am not going to be able to update as often.

I do promise that I am going to finish this!! There are 5 chapters after this one and I have plotted them out, I just have to find the time to write them.

I want to thank everyone who is hanging in there with me and still reading. I want to give a special shout out to those of you sending me comments, you are helping to keep me extra motivated!!

16 Years Old/18 Years Old

Hope’s 18th Birthday

Everything had been going well for the two girls since returning from Spring Break with Hope’s family. They were closer than ever before and seemed to have a new understanding of each other.

It had been six weeks since they had returned, and finals were just around the corner. However, before they could get bogged down with the never-ending studying, today was Hope’s birthday. Her eighteenth birthday to be precise and Josie, true to her word, is throwing her a party.

Hope had told Josie that she didn’t have to do that. She was more than happy with it being just her and Josie again, just like last year. Josie, however, would have none of that. She told her that she promised that this year she would finally have a party and she refused to let Hope talk her out of celebrating her.

“You are exceptional, and you deserve to be celebrated for everything that you are! Plus, you have never had one! I can’t let that be, I refuse! You will have your birthday party and you will just have to enjoy it.”

Hope shook her head thinking about her beautiful and amazing girlfriend. She had been planning this party since they returned from vacation. Josie thinks that she was being sneaky, and that Hope didn’t know how much she was putting into it, but Hope knows. Hope will just keep that to herself though.

Hope had just woken up and was a little surprised to find that she was in bed alone. She was positive that when she went to bed last night, Josie was curled up in her arms and they feel asleep snuggled together. She sat up a moment and looked around to see if she was just not seeing her. What she found, was a piece of paper where Josie should be.

Hope,

Happy Birthday!! If you wake up before I get back, don’t move! I have a surprise to start your day with. See you soon.

-Josie

It wasn’t anything super special, however, the fact that Josie had left her a note and was planning something for her, the thought alone made Hope’s heart beat faster in her chest.

Before Hope could think too much on this, her door was opening, and Josie was walking in with a tray full of food. She was trying and failing to do so silently as not to wake Hope. The witch managed to make it into the room and sat the tray down on the desk so that she could silently close the door. When she turned around to grab the tray, she saw that her girlfriend was sitting up smiling at her.

“Hi baby. Happy Birthday!”

“Thank you. What is all of this?”

“This is your first present. Breakfast in bed.”

Hope smiled when she saw the huge piles of food on the tray in front of her. She was so excited that she almost missed what Josie said, but not quite.

“Wait, what? First present?”

Josie looked at her like she was silly.

“Yes, your first present. You didn’t think that I was only going to get you one, did you?”