Say It Again

Song: Say It Again by: Frances

16 Years Old/17 Years Old

Birthday Party

It had been two weeks since the show down with Penelope and her gaggle of girls in the common room, and Hope and Josie were becoming even closer than before. They were now spending more time together, if that was even possible. There wasn't a night that they didn't spend together.

By some unspoken understanding, they naturally gravitated towards each other at every opportunity. They would cuddle more and hold each other tighter. That sat closer together, occasionally, Josie would just sit directly in Hope's lap and wrap her arms around the older girl. To all around them, it appeared that the two were finally getting together and making the move into becoming a couple.

However, also seemingly by mutual understanding, they hadn't spoken about the kiss, or what it meant that Hope would be Josie's date for her birthday. Not just who she went with.

Hope again, hadn't collected her kiss right away. Josie was hoping that she didn't wait three years like last time. She wasn't sure that she could wait that long to kiss the tribrid this time.

Everything was falling into place for the girls, and it appeared that the only thing that was missing, was for them to actually talk to each other. But they were both terrified. What if what they were feeling was one sided. Just because they were going on a date, and had shared a few kisses through the years and were best friends, that didn't mean that the other wanted to change what they had and to become the other's girlfriend.

In one of the increasingly rare moments that they weren't together, Josie was getting ready for the party with the help of her sister. Hope had told her that she would pick her up at seven so that they head to the party.

"Lizzie, how do I look?"

Josie stood there in a beautiful strapless creamy pink dress that had her looking more grown up than usual. Her makeup was light and her hair was down in soft waves, with two strains pulled back into a braid that left the hair off of her face. So much tan skin was showing from her neck to her collar bone, that the younger girl was thinking that if Hope had activated her vampire side, she would have practically been offering her a meal.

"You look amazing."

Smiling with a slight blush, Josie knew that she was as ready as she was going to be and was now just anxiously waiting for her date.

"I can't believe that your first official date, the one that counts, is with freaking Hope Mikaelson!"

"I know! I never in a million years thought that this would ever happen."

"So you guys are dating now right? Like really dating and not just pretending that you are just friends?"

Looking down and fidgeting with her fingers, Josie didn't meet her sister's eyes. How was she going to answer that? She really didn't know to be honest. She wanted to think that whatever this was happening between them was more than them being friends.

"We haven't talked about it."

"WHAT!? Josie! How could you have not talked to each other about this? You two have been even closer than before, as if that was possible.

"I don't know. We just haven't."

"What have you been doing for the last two weeks then? The way that you have been acting, you would think that you two were together. Hell, I'm pretty sure that the whole school does think you are together."