Greek god in shower

The next day was the day before Christmas and was spent wrapping presents. By now the Christmas tree was abundant with colorfully wrapped presents of all sizes. I had checked twice to see presents with my name on it. I had found eight with my name on it. I had an idea about what each of them were.

I had bought presents for everyone. Even Damien. When I had been at the mall I didn't know what to buy him. I didn't know what he liked. I even thought about not buying him a present but decided that would be just rude. So I bought something that would have humorous meaning to him. I always tried to buy presents to have a unique ironic purpose that me and the person shared, or something they might have told me that they enjoyed.

After I saw Tristan buying the ring I snuck off to the bookshop and electronic shop for a book called: How to be the best brother in law. I also got from the electronic shop a digital photo frame for pictures of Lily and Tristan. I thought it was an appropriate gift. They were getting married after all.

"Goodnight sweetie. Sweet dreams." Mum and dad said kissing my head as I went up the stair to my room. I was super tired. I didn't even know why; I had just been wrapping presents all day, nothing that active. Luckily the adults decided not to get drunk tonight and build up for the Christmas dinner tomorrow. I couldn't wait. It was the only time I didn't mind the adults getting drunk because there was always such a huge feast that no one really cared.

I undressed lazily, dropping my clothes at the foot of my bed. I clumsily rummaged through my draws, finding the first thing I touched. I didn't care what I slept in as long as I was covered.

I shrugged into an oversized grey T-shirt of dad's. It had somehow ended up in my clothes by mistake and I just kept it ever since. It was comfy and loose so it was perfect for bed. My eyes closed before my head even hit the pillow. I smiled contently to myself. Hmmm, sleep.

***

When I woke it could have been any other morning except it wasn't. It only took a minute of my subconscious to poke me annoyingly and a second for me to spring out of bed.

"It's Christmas!" I shouted in a shrill, wanting to dance around and some cheesy Jingle Bells song to come on like in the movies. The only response I got was a hard bang on the wall. "Shut up, Zu." Tabitha shouted back grumpily, clearly still sleeping.

A sighed. Definitely not a movie but still Christmas. I jumped to my dresser, rummaging around for some black stockings, then I dived into my shoes to seize a pair of paper brown lace-up ankle boots. I bit my lip to suppress a smile as I slid into them for a moment; they had a heel! I never was usually allowed to wear heels because I was too young plus, they made me look like a little girl wearing her mother's clothes - not today! These suited me.

I piled my outfit on my bed to then go to my wardrobe, screeching the hangers across hastily to get to the red dress I planned to wear tonight for dinner. I wanted to wear it now! It was so beautiful. You can wear it later... Deciding not to go waste time I went for the next hanger; a cream sweater.

I was almost perfect when I remembered I had to shower. I groaned and inhaled sharply, knowing my mum and Caroline would be angry if I wasn't clean for Christmas. Yes, I should definitely shower.

I sprang through the doorway hurrying to get a shower before everyone was up. I hoped dad was up! He's probably already waiting so I better be fast.

As I heaved the door open, maybe more forcefully than intended, my eyes landed on a big body. It was so strange to see such a different figure taking up the pace of a the bathroom, it was usually just Tabitha and I, not Damien.