♡ Stargazing (Jaehee x Reader)

Laying down in a heavy, warm blanket, you cuddled up next to your soon-to-be wife, both of you staring up at the stars in awe in the middle of a desolate field.

The wind, swept across your face, making you shiver a little as you hid under the cover, placing your head on your fiance's chest.

Jaehee laughed lightly, your hair tickling her bare skin as you moved around, trying to get comfortable.

"(Y/N), you do realise that we have pillows, right?" You heard Jaehee say, pulling up the blanket to look at you.

Rolling your eyes, you replied "of course I know we have pillows, I was the one who bought them all the way here," you laughed out, surfacing out of the covers and laying down on one of the pillows instead.

Turning to you, Jaehee narrowed her eyes slightly and pulled you closer. "I offered to carry them, but you were the one who insisted you could do it by yourself," she said, a small smile on her face as she teased you.

Sticking your tongue out at her, you shuffled around a little so that your arm was draped over her body, and your other arm was underneath her head, making it more comfortable for her to lie down.

Turning your head back up to look at the stars, you both lapsed into silence, being happy in each others company and warmth.

Gazing at the endless, vast sky, you couldn't help but think about how impressive the universe was. How even the gigantic Earth, which was thousands of miles in width, was only a speck compared to the entire universe.

The whole galaxy that you were apart of was just a mere grain of sand in the dark beach of the abyss.

The fact that the universe was constantly expanding, made you feel so...minute compared it.

The years and years that you'd been through, the massive events that had happened in your life, meant nothing in the grand scheme of things, because in a thousand years, who would be there to remember them?

The day you left school, the day you became an adult, the day you moved into your own house, when you first came out, the moment you got your first job, your first heartbreak, your first kiss with Jaehee, the day you'd proposed to her...all of it was nothing in the grand scheme of things.

All of those meaningful moments in your life was only a nanosecond to the universe. Deciding to voice your thoughts, you turned to Jaehee and whispered.

"Do you ever just think about how insignificant you are?" You asked, pulling her towards you and wrapping one leg across her body to gain more body heat.

Turning to look at you, Jaehee cupped your cheek and pressed a small kiss to your lips, leaving them tingling like the first time as she pulled away.

"Not when I'm with you," she answered, a sweet smile on her face and she gazed into your eyes, managing to still give you butterflies even after all the years of you two being together.

Closing your eyes in content, you sighed softly as you felt her wrap her arm around yours, whilst placing a kiss on your cheek.

"I love you Jaehee," you stated, opening your eyes to see her reaction.

Though you'd said it many times before, Jaehee's cute blush always swept across her face, making her look even more beautiful than she was.

Giving you a shy look, Jaehee pecked your lips again, before pulling back with a smile.

"I love you (Y/N)," she answered quietly.

Holding her in your arms, you smiled contently, feeling like the luckiest girl in the world as you lapsed into silence again.

The smile never left your face as you thought about the beautiful soon-to-be wife in your arms. She meant the world to you, and maybe one day you could show her that.

Hearing a slight snore coming from Jaehee, you turned to her and almost melted. She was absolutely beautiful.

Her hair was splayed out around her head, making her look more youthful, her porcelain skin shone in the moonlight, almost giving her a glow and her face held a peaceful look as she slept, finally being away from all of the stress that she had to deal with at work.

There were many times when you'd realised how in love with Jaehee you were, but in that particular moment, you knew that you loved her to the depths of your soul, and you knew that she felt the same.