❦ Nightmare (V x Reader)

You felt yourself emerge from smokey darkness to see that you were standing in the middle of your secondary school canteen.

It looked really run down, and cobwebs were lining all over the place. The lights weren't on, and the only light came from the windows, which created a really eerie vibe which left you unsettled.

"(Y/N)? Is that you?" You turned around to see your friend, Jaehee, standing there, even though you had checked that space just seconds before.

"Yeah, it's me, what's going on? What are you doing here?" You asked as she just stared at you with a blank face.

"(Y/N)," she whispered into your ear, even though she were stood a metre away. You jumped and looked around behind you to find no one there. When you turned back around, Jaehee was gone, leaving you to look around the canteen for her.

"Jaehee?" You asked into the abandoned building, as you walked around, checking out all the places they could be hiding.

Suddenly you felt a hand wrapped around yours and pulled you close to them. "Stay quiet, we don't want her to find us," V said, totally out of character. Confused, you asked, "but why?" as he just shook his head.

"Jaehee is my friend! She's in danger, we need to find her now!" You frantically explained to V as he just continued to drag you into hiding, his hand tightening around yours.

Then his hand was gone, and so was he.

Feeling confused, you came out of your hiding spot to find him, but only found Jaehee standing over him, with her back to you.

"Jaehee? What are you doing?"

The moment you asked that question, a gunshot echoed around the building, and you fell to the ground, clutching your ears in agony.

"What did you do that for!" You screamed at her as she just turned to you with an eerie smile.

"(Y/N), you couldn't save your first love, what makes you think you can save your second?"

You felt terrified as Jaehee just stared at you, slowly raising the gun again so that it reached her temple.

"You can't save me," she spoke as she pulled the trigger, the shot echoing in your ears.

You woke up in a cold sweat as a scream escaped your lips. Turning to your side, you saw V awake with a start and look around the room blindly.

"What's wrong? (Y/N)? What's happening?" V asked in a hurry, grabbing onto and pulling you closer as if he was trying to protect you.

Placing his hands on your face, he wiped away the tears that you didn't realise had started trailing down your cheeks.

"(Y/N)?" V asked again, slowly this time, careful not to scare you. With a weak laugh, you hugged him, crying quietly into his shoulder.

"I'm sorry," you whispered, clinging onto him tightly, "it was just a bad dream."

V's face softened slightly as he held you close to him, stroking your hair.

"It's going to be okay baby, you're going to be fine, I'm right here," he whispered, placing a soft kiss to your forehead.

Stifling a sob, you tried to tell him about your dream. "Y-you died, and s-so did J-Jaehee," you cried out, tears flowing out of your eyes and onto V's shirt.

Hearing your cry, V pulled back slightly and gazed at you. "(Y/N), stop," V spoke, kissing you on your temple.

"I'm still here, aren't I? Nothings going to happen to me," He comforted, a smile on his face, "and nothing going to happen to Jaehee either, everything's going to be okay."

You nodded at his words, wiping your tears away with a small smile. "Thank you," you whispered back, placing a small kiss on his lips.

Ruffling your hair slightly, V chuckled, pulling you into another hug.

"It's okay," he said, his sweet voice filling your ears.

"I love you (Y/N)."

"I love you too Jiyhun."

Leaning back, V held you to his chest as you both laid back on the bed, pulling the throw up to your chin.

With a soft sigh, you felt your eyelids droop and almost instantly fell asleep, in the arms of the man you loved.