The Protector

Pairing:ares/Percy

Life had been pretty good in his last school. He had Paul and Rachel. Well, then Rachel had to stand true to her deal with her father and change schools. But still, there was Paul watching out for him. Though even Paul couldn't do anything about them throwing Percy out. Because who misses nearly an entire year of school without a reason was no longer wanted there. And Percy couldn't go up to them and say 'Hey, I got kidnapped by a crazy goddess who put me to sleep for a few months and then I had to train with wolves!'. So he nodded obediently and left the school grounds.

Not only did he have to change schools, no he also had to repeat the school year.
And his new school sucked.
He had not made a single friend. Not that he wanted to though. The first time he made friends with someone at school, said friend turned out to be a satyr. The second time, his very mortal friend got pulled into their godly mess and in the end turned into the oracle. No, he wouldn't endanger anyone else. So he rather stayed to himself. And it wasn't like he had no friends at all. He IMed both camps frequently, checking in on their progress concerning the plan to take out the giants. And Nico dropped by often enough too, whenever he found the time to do so at least (and Percy honestly didn't want to know what else the son of Hades was up to).

Though miming the loner was not making him very popular. He got picked on by the jocks and even by the cheerleaders – the latter more so because he ignored their flirting. And that was another reason why the jocks picked on him because he got more attention from the pretty girls than they did but he still ignored them. Heaving a sigh, he closed his locker and stared at the bright pink 'fag' that was sprayed all over the door.

Just because he wasn't interested in their cheerleaders. Someone had to explain those jocks to him, seriously! They wouldn't be pleased with him if he did indeed flirt back or even go out with one of the cheerleaders, but they were all protective bastards when he didn't. Everything was a reason for them to pick on him and he hated it.

If he would at least be plain, then the girls wouldn't have taken an interest in him and the boys wouldn't have noticed him that much either. But he knew he was good looking. His eyes, his hair, his body. And the black and dark clothes he bought when he had last been shopping with Nico and Rachel gave him such a bad boy attitude. Which was what made him even more interesting for the girls. And at first the boys had stayed away from him because of that. He wasn't weak and he also didn't look weak so they were clever enough to not mess with him. But then one guy started picking on him and once the others noticed that Percy didn't fight back, he was their new main-target.

"What's our favorite fag doing today?", snickered someone behind him.
He sighed again and ignored the voice. Just because he wasn't interested in the slutty cheerleaders and because the only person anyone had ever seen him with was Nico (the Ghost Prince had gotten quite protective of him once he had first shown up with a black eye and thus the son of Hades often made sure to pick Percy up from school), was reason enough for them to assume that he was gay. He was bisexual, but that was beside the point (slutty cheerleaders who threw themselves at everyone were just not his type, that had nothing to do with him preferring men or anything). It was none of their business and it certainly was not a
reason to pick on him.

He had talked to Annabeth about it while the blonde and her girlfriend had last been over for a visit and the daughter of Aphrodite had beaten her to the answer and said he should just ignore them. Annabeth agreed wholeheartedly with Piper. If he would ignore them, they would eventually stop and get bored. But it seemed those guys were very patiently.
The only good thing, at least he supposed it was a good thing, was that he had not yet met the quarterback and the head-cheerleader. They were something like the golden couple of the school and the cheerleaders and the jocks followed them like obedient little puppies. Or at least that was what he had heard about them. So if they decided that insults and damaging his property weren't enough anymore, then this would certainly become worse than Tartarus. Some of the jock already had started to push him around or rough him up a bit. Nothing worse than a bruise or a black eye until now though.