Thank u for the ride

Pairing:Zeus/Percy

Percy stared at the crystal that hung from his window. He reached for it and gave it a quick spin causing rainbows to blur around his room. He had just gotten an Iris message from Annabeth, who was in California with her family. Percy had never thought that a long distance relationship would be this hard. They couldn't go on dates, they couldn't hang out in the park, walking hand in hand like the other couples do, and they couldn't see each other face to face and just bask in the other's presence. They had to settle for talking through Iris message as much as they could, and Percy was sure that they had probably bought the goddess a new house with all the drachmas they had thrown in.

Percy got off of his bed and threw on his jacket as he left the apartment and headed towards an arcade down the street. It was early February and the snow was still falling on New York. So much snow was falling that school might be canceled all next week. Percy crossed his fingers, he could only hope. Valentine's Day was also next week and for a moment Percy wished he could just hop on a plane and go see Annabeth. But Zeus would never allow that, not even after saving the world this past summer. Percy glanced at the Empire State Building wish, that just once, Zeus would take pity on him and let him see his girlfriend.

Percy was so lost in thought that he didn't notice a white windowless van pull up next to him. By the time he sensed the man behind him, it was too late. A chloroform rag was shoved over his nose and mouth, his body instinctively gasped for air, and then his world went black.

Percy didn't know how long he'd been asleep, but his senses were starting to come back to him. He was laying on something soft, 'cushiony' would be a good word to describe it. His mouth tasted like pennies and his head hurt, both side effects of the chloroform. He slowly opened his eyes to see where he'd been taken.

It was a rectangular space with tinny oval windows on either side. There was a bar towards the back that looked like it was stocked with various different types of sodas. There was a large table in the middle of the room and, of course, the long couch that Percy was on which seemed to wind its way around the aforementioned table.

Percy got up and staggered over to one of the windows. He opened the shutter and peaked outside, what he saw almost made his heart stop. Clouds. He was on a plane. He was on a plane in the air!

'Oh Zeus, please don't kill me,' Percy thought to himself.

"Now why would I do that?" said a deep voice to Percy's right.

Percy jumped and turned to come face to face with the Lord of the Sky and King of the Gods himself, Zeus.

"Lord Zeus, please, I don't know what happened," Percy said hurriedly. "I was just walking down the street and then someone grabbed me and I woke up here. I swear, I would never set foot on a plane. Please don't smite me or electrocute me or turn me to a pile of cinders."

Zeus just chuckled as he watched Percy become frantic. His nephew really was adorable when he was flustered. Although Percy resembled Poseidon in a lot of ways, the boy had just enough human in him to balance it all out. Percy had come into his own as a unique and shinning individual and it was time that Zeus show him just how aware the god was of that fact.

"Perseus, calm down," Zeus said. "I'm not going to kill you. In fact, I'm the one who asked that you be brought here. So relax, enjoy, we'll be landing in California in about five to six hours." Zeus watched as Percy's tense stance began to relax, and the boy's sea-green eyes started to dart around the room, trying to take everything in. Zeus would have to thank Hermes later for bringing the boy here. Truly, there was nothing that the God of Thieves couldn't steal.