12-Rain is Always Easily Avoidable

Anna sat on the couch, holding Millie in her arms, rocking her slowly and thinking. Chloe walked in and smiled at the two.

"There you girls are. What are you thinking about?" She asked her younger sister, sitting on the couch next to her. Anna looked at her and handed her her daughter carefully.

"I'm in love with Alex Keaton," she said, slightly in shock at the sound of herself speaking the revelation to another person. Chloe nodded.

"I can tell," she replied. "What are you going to do about it?"

"If I tell him, I could ruin our friendship," she said in a worried tone. Chloe rolled her eyes, having heard this spiel from just about every television show or movie ever.

"My god, what is this, high school? Do it!" She said, attempting to help her find her confidence. Anna stared at the wall for a moment. "Tell him you love him. Life is short Anna. Don't be dumb and screw this up."

"You're right," she said, standing up. Chloe watched as she grabbed her keys and began to walk towards the front door.

"Where are you going?" She asked her sister. "It's pouring rain."

"You know exactly where I'm going," she replied, opening the door and rushing out in the rain. She sat in her car and quickly backed out of the driveway, driving towards the Keaton's house. She took a few wrong turns, but eventually found it.

   She got out of her car, immediately being pelted by raindrops. She ran to the door and knocked, waiting for an answer. A small, blonde boy answered the door.

   "Hello," he said. Anna looked down at him and smiled.

   "You must be Andy," she said. "Is Alex here?"

   "Alex! There's a girl here for you!" Andy exclaimed. Alex jogged from the kitchen to see what this was about. He knew that he didn't have anyone coming over. He saw Anna and walked over.

   "Thanks buddy. I'll take it from here," Alex told his brother, patting his head. Andy then ran into another room.

   "Hey," Anna said nervously. "Can I talk to you for a moment."

   "Of course," Alex said. He opened the door wider for her to come in, but she shook her head.

   "I'm all wet, I'll track water in," she said. Alex looked behind himself, before walking outside with her, making her laugh.

   "What's up?" He asked, closing the door. She took her hands and pulled her wet hair behind her ears, but it only fell back in front of her face.

   "Alex," she started nervously. "I used to hate you. A lot."

   "Thanks," he said, easing the tension slightly. She laughed.

   "Let me talk," she replied. "Let me put it this way. You're the only person I know who I would stand out in the rain for like this."

   Alex stepped closer to her, taking his hand and tucking her hair back behind her ear once more, and took his other hand, grabbing her waist and pulling her closer.

   "Don't worry Anna. I like you too," he said, before leaning down and kissing her. She set her hands on his waist, kissing him back. They separated and looked at the sky, still feeling the raindrops fall down their bodies. They laughed at the feeling, and they set their foreheads together.

   "Well that worked out," she joked, causing Alex to smile.

   "Yeah. It did," he replied. "Come on. I'll get you a blanket."

   The two walked inside and Alex grabbed a blanket as they sat on the couch, wrapping it comfortably around their bodies.

   "We're really dumb," she said. "This was easily avoidable."

   "It would have been less romantic," he said. She laughed.

   "Yeah," she replied, happily leaning into his side. He wrapped an arm around her and the two slowly fell asleep.

When Anna woke up, she checked her surroundings. She saw Alex, still sleeping soundly, and saw the clock, that now read that it was midnight. She gently shook Alex awake.

   "Hi," she whispered. He sat up groggily and moved his hair backwards from his forehead with his hand, which Anna found highly attractive. "I'm gonna go. My sisters probably worried sick."

   "Just call her and stay here with me," he said, sleep still apparent in his voice. She smiled softly and shook her head.

   "I probably shouldn't," she said. She leaned forward and captured his lips in a tender, short kiss. She stood up and slowly moved towards the front door, opening it quietly, and leaving as Alex curled back up and fell asleep again.

   Anna walked into her sisters house and saw her sister and Matt sitting on the couch. They both looked at her and rose their eyebrows at her.

   "I feel like I missed curfew," Anna joked. They smiled at her.

   "I'm assuming it went well," Chloe said. Anna laughed lightly and sat on the chair in front of them.

   "Yeah it did," she said, blushing lightly.

   "You were out pretty late," Matt said.

   "We fell asleep," Anna said. Chloe opened her mouth, but before she could say anything, Anna corrected herself. "Nothing happened. We just fell asleep on the couch."

"Well you should go to bed," Chloe said thoughtfully.

"I didn't keep you guys up, did I?" Anna asked. They both looked at each other, then pointed at her.

"Bed now young lady," Matt said. Anna laughed and hugged her sister and brother-in-law, telling them goodnight. She sat on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

"I did it."