17-Babysitters

Alex stood on Chloe and Matt's front porch, wearing jeans and a red jersey with the number seventeen on it. Casual clothes for a casual night. He rang the doorbell and Chloe answered, inserting hoop earrings into her ear piercings.

"Hi Alex," she said, and he smiled at her, walking in and closing the door behind him.

"Hey Chloe. You look great," he complimented the girl. She pointed at him.

"Flattery will get you nowhere, Mister," she said jokingly, and he laughed.

"Chloe please. Stop hating on my boyfriend," Anna said, holding Millie on her hip and walking down the stairs. Chloe rolled her eyes playfully.

"Not hating. Only giving him constructive criticism," she replied, smiling and winking at Alex. He laughed, knowing that she didn't really hate him.

   "Ready to go?" Matt asked Chloe, and she smiled widely at her husband.

   "Absolutely," she said. She hugged Alex and Anna. "You know where everything is?"

   "I live here Chloe," Anna deadpanned, and her older sister laughed loudly.

   "Okay. Point taken," she replied lightheartedly.

   "Thanks for babysitting," Matt said cheerily, and you could tell that he and Chloe were just as in love as they had been when they first started dating. That was what Anna wanted in life. And something about what was happening in her life now, told her that she may complete her dream sooner rather then later.

   "Anytime Matt," Anna replied.

   "Bye guys," Alex waved. They closed the front door behind them, and Alex and Anna sat on the couch, setting Millie on Anna's lap. The baby girl held her arms out, and Alex laughed.

   "Do you want Alex?" Anna asked in a calm tone, handing the child over. Alex gladly took the baby and held her up to his head as the baby smiled up at him.

   "Well hello there," he said, shaking her slightly, making Millie laugh, then making a silly face.

   "See! She loves you," Anna said. Alex smiled at his girlfriend, before setting Millie on his leg, bouncing it up and down as the little girl giggled.

"So what should we do? It's kind of early to put her to bed," Alex said. Anna moved from the couch onto the floor, taking the child out of her boyfriend's arms.

   "What do you want to do Millie?" Anna asked in a childish voice, which Alex loved. He decided that it was adorable.

"Has she eaten yet?" He asked. She shook her head, indicating that she had not. They brought her to the kitchen and fed her. Anna turned the television on, turning to the kids channel and playing Sesame Street. Millie smiled as she watched the show.

   "Can she understand what it's saying?" Anna asked curiously. Alex shrugged.

   "Maybe she just likes the colors," he said. As they were sitting on the couch, watching the show Alex hadn't watched since Andy had been a baby, Millie began to fall asleep. "Lets put her to bed." He shifted her into his arms so Millie's head was resting on his shoulder. He walked into her nursery room and set her down in her large crib, spinning the mobile above the crib around lightly. He turned around and saw Anna smiling widely, leaning on the door frame as she watched.

   "You're great with kids," she said, pushing off of the frame and walking towards him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

   "What can I say? I'm great at everything," he replied, leaning down and kissing her.

"You know... my sister won't be home for another hour and a half," she said. Alex smiled at her.

When Chloe and Matt arrived at their house, they saw Anna and Alex sitting on the couch, drinking coffee and talking to each other.

"Isn't it a little late for coffee?" Chloe asked them. They laughed and the other two sat down with them.

"How was she?" Matt asked, referring to his daughter.

"She's been out like a light for a while," Anna said.

"Thank you both so much for watching her," Chloe said.

"It was no problem," Alex replied, happy to help. He then checked his watch, realizing the time. "Well I should get going."

"No! Stay a little longer," Anna begged, grabbing onto his hand. He leaned down and kissed her, before standing up, shaking hands with Matt and hugging Chloe.

"I'll see you tomorrow Annie," he said, and she smiled at the nickname. "Love you."

"Love you too," she said. He grabbed his jacket from the coat hanger and waved at the family, walking out the door.

"You guys are adorable," Chloe said. Anna blushed, embarrassed.

"Thanks."