iii.

Brooke Roberts isn't expecting to find football propaganda on the wall outside her office building. Especially football propaganda by Vex, who, up until that point, has been extremely impartial to football in London. Her best friend since year three, Dylan Martin, almost spills her coffee when Brooke stops abruptly.

People in the design world knew Dylan. She is an extraordinary designer, and an insanely talented artist, but never takes a job without consulting Brooke. Yes, Brooke is a bit jealous of her success, but they had different jobs, so she can't be mad at her best friend. It was just coincidence they ended up at the same company because Brooke graduated from university with a business degree and was hired by London Studios as a business consultant while Dylan graduated with a degree in fine arts and was hired by London Studios as a freelance artist in their firm.

Their boss, James Ferguson, is a young lad, only 26 years old, and already an executive in the business. It helps that he is a business genius and his uncle is high up in the company. James, or as Brooke and Dylan call him, Jamie, also has the eye for art, but his partner at this level, Thomas Thomas (yes, his parents have a sick sense of humour), is a consulting expert, who knows each artist's talents, likes, and skills. He is the one to elect which artist he thinks is best suited for a commission. James handles contract negotiations (if any) and he informs the artists the job.

James and Thomas are in the lobby of the building, talking to the security guard. London Studios is a fairly large company, but they don't have round-the-clock security guards, just cameras. To Vex's credit, they covered up really well, but something shakes Brooke just a bit: Vex seemed to know where the security camera is, and never fully faced it. Of the previous week's footage, no one had been scoping out the place. It's unnerving.

It is common knowledge that James and Thomas are Tottenham fans, and this Arsenal chant would not stand. They haven't yet hired anyone to paint over it, but it will eventually get covered.

The next day, it is covered by the Spurs chant, but, oddly, also tagged by Vex. It isn't posted on their Instagram, dedicated to whatever they create around London. The Arsenal thing isn't posted on the Instagram profile either.

Maybe there's a Vex imposter. Because there is no way they would take commissions, is there? Vex has been impartial to football but not politics. Could there be people trying to make Vex look bad?

<>

Vex vows to themself that they won't take any more commissions. They just aren't who Vex is. Maybe unless Arsenal Women want anything else done. They're nice and pay well, so Vex doesn't mind it. And it's not like anyone aside from the guard or the media team has to know Vex was the one redecorating.

After the home dressing room is done, they moved onto the away dressing room. With a heavier focus on Boreham Wood FC's colours, they get partially done with the black and white geometric design, the red and gold accents having to wait another day. It's finished in two days and getting the tunnel done by Saturday would be nigh on impossible.

Arsenal Women Street Art Decoration
VEX <vexarts@vex.com>
to Arsenal Media

I got both dressing rooms done but if I start the tunnel now it wont be done in time for your game this weekend. I'll finish up Monday and Tuesday. Thanks for sending the same guard all four nights. Gabriel seems to be a fan of my work.