xiv.

The girl from the cafe stuck in Guro's mind. There was no reason for her to have made herself right at home in the corner of Guro's mind, but she had, and left Guro just as distracted as her teammates. Guro knew that her distracted thoughts wouldn't be scrutinized as long as everyone else was still focused on Vex, but it seemed that she was having no luck this week. Sam was the first to point out how Guro wasn't completely focused, and her Norwegian teammate Marie Thorisdottir is quick to follow. As captainly as Magda thinks she is, is always sucked into making fun of Guro, even on the pitch when she's supposed to be the captain and everything. 

Guro went back to the cafe, trying to find the girl again. She's leaving just as Guro arrives, and asks, "you alright, mate?"

Having lived in London for a year, Guro didn't have the vernacular, and just nodded and smiled. It was the middle of the day, and fairly lucky that Guro ran into her at all. They exchange no more words than the polite greetings, but she got fascinated by the girl with a strong accent and easy smile. 

And so, Guro went back to training, a to-go cup of coffee in her hand, and more dazed and distracted than when she left. The girls all ganged up on Guro, but she couldn't tell them anything, she didn't even know the girl. But, none of them had to know she was enamored by a girl she saw briefly at a cafe and didn't talk to her. 

Training was going to be a bit of a disaster with the mindset that Guro was in, but as soon as she stepped onto the pitch, a sense of calmness and control washed over her, reminding her that the pitch is her safe place, where she can express herself through football. Guro was a bit bugged by the teasing by the end of the session, and she wanted it to end. Staying in character, she jokes around and takes the teasing with a forced smile and awkward laugh, trying to keep the speculation away from herself. 

<>

Vex, who was being as bitchy as possible, responded to georgiasrose on Instagram with a snarky and obnoxious message. They know what they sent is so much more aggressive than the initial message, but so many messages along the same lines had pissed Vex off just a bit, and they finally decided to respond to just one. Word would get out of the aggressive and rude message that Vex had sent which would definitely cause more people to try to expose them.

mcafee's rose
Active now

why haven't you been making any art, scared that your political messages aren't what people agree with you? or you scared that people are going to find out who you are? because we're going to figure out who you really are, vex

nah, man. i'm not fuckin scared of you or whoever else is tryna figure out who i am. and it's not like i'm laying awake, horrified that you kids are gonna like reveal my identity. the only reason bitches like you don't know who i am is the fact that i ain't gonna get arrested anytime soon. so fuckin what if you don't agree with me, you're the one losing out on my art, fucker. so if you don't appreciate this message, then fuck off. i'm not concerned with your opinions, nor do i care for them, karen. just for you, i won't be posting about any art i make for the rest of the month. good luck finding what i make, you bitch ass child. by the way, don't message me again. i'm only responding to this message because i wanna piss you off. good bye and good riddance.