Chapter 2

"Please, just allow me to be thorough," Glenn said. He wanted to put a blindfold over my eyes so I didn't see the way there.

"Glenn, I swear to god if I try anything, I don't care what you do. Beat me if you have to. Execute me. I honestly don't care anymore," I said. He sighed and put the bandana in his pocket. Carl jumped in the front seat and off we went.

"Where is this place of yours?" I asked. I leaned against the car door and watched all the trees pass by.

"About 10 miles from here," Glenn answers, keeping his eyes trained on the road.

"You said you were at a prison before. What happened?" I asked.

"A man attacked us because he wanted what we had. Three times, actually," Glenn answered. I nodded--even though they couldn't see it--and leaned back against the seat. The rest of the ride was silent after that.

"We're here," Glenn spoke, as someone opened a gate for us, allowing us to drive by. When we were parked, Carl quickly got out of the car. "Play it cool. I'll cover you. You could be a nice addition," Glenn said before opening his door and stepping out.

I took a deep breath before opening my door, only to be met by a crossbow in my face.

"Daryl, lower the crossbow. Now," Glenn ordered through clenched teeth. 'Daryl' hesitantly put the crossbow down, but held it at his side, prepared to use it if anything happened.

"Who's this?" Daryl asked. His strong southern accent suggested he was from this area.

"Melody. We found her in the gas station," Glenn said. He lowered his voice, "She seems harmless enough."

"Yeah, that's what it seems," Daryl muttered before walking away. Glenn ushered for me to follow him.

When I got inside, it looked perfect. Almost untouched, except for a layer of dust on the side tables.

"Glenn," A voice boomed. Glenn spun around and looked at a man with a scruffy beard and brown hair. His hand was hovering over a gun in his holster. "Who is this?"

For what seemed like the millionth time, he explained who I was and why I was here and that I seemed harmless.

"You ask the questions?" Scruffy beard man asked. Glenn nodded and said that I 'passed.'

"Welcome to the group," Scruffy beard man said, walking over to me. "Name's Rick," He said. He said in a low tone that sent shivers down my spine, "This is my family, and if you hurt them in any way, I will kill you."

"Understood," I said. He stepped back and gave me a weird look.

"What have you done? We've all done something," Rick asked. I looked him in the eyes.

"I've done things that I've regretted. I'm sure we all have. But, I like keeping to myself, not confessing to strangers," I answered. He stared at me for a moment before speaking up.

"I'll show you around."

//

I learned everybody's names that were living here, and they all seemed like nice and decent people, that are just trying to survive.

The first person I met was a woman with a katana named Michonne. She seemed like a complete badass and looked important to the group.

Next after that was a woman named Maggie. She was pretty and also Glenn's wife. She seemed like your typical survivor.

After that came Tyreese. He was tall and strong looking. He seems like a big softy.

A young girl a couple years older than me named Beth was next. She was also pretty and Maggie's step-sister. She often watches Rick's baby daughter Judith frequently. I almost cried when I heard her name.