Chapter 1

Japan had a long history with several nations, with different feelings developed by each.

Undoubtedly, Italy and America had some of the strongest: he didn't know it, but they were both in love with him.
Japan appreciated their friendship deeply, but he couldn't even imagine that they liked him in that way.

America was the hero, the number one nation of the world and the most important one, according to himself.The energetic and chaotic attitude of the blonde possessed certainly left an impression on the Asian country, but he would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy his company.The American nation, he appreciated Japan's otherwise mysterious way of being. Perhaps a more calm temperament was simply a good contrast, but they also shared a great joy for videogames and the like.Besides, he couldn't remember ever having a bad time when he was at Japan's house, not to mention he was, at least in his opinion, quite cute.

That was a thought shared by Italy as well. Having an affinity for arts, it was easy to share a common interest with Japan.They had been friends for a long time, and had remained as well, tho now it was with much better circumstances.The Mediterranean always found him appealing in every way possible, even so before actually meeting in person.And, he was the only one that could brag to have been able to hug Japan, hell, he even was his first hug after all.The Asian nation was glad that he had Italy while through an unpleasant period of his life, as his company had helped him greatly to avoid thinking about certain topics.He also always made sure that he and Germany were happy, even if it could get him a scold by the former.

Maybe it would be a good idea to confess their feelings to Japan, before someone else could.Not that they imagined someone else would try, and much less at the same time.

America didn't know what sort of weird impulse took over him, but he found himself on a plane to Japan, and before he knew, he was at the airport.
Italy wasn't as impulsive, but he had chosen to go on that day as well.Romance was quite an art, and he took pride on being an artist.

They were lucky enough not to look at each other on the airport or in their way to Japan's house, but of course, with the same destination, at some point their paths had to coincide.

"America?" Italy was surprised to see the strong nation there.

"Yo, hey Italy!"America was also puzzled about the European's were about.Was he there for a political meeting?
"It's nice to see you!" Welp, at least there was no reason for them to quarrel "What brings you to Japan's place ?"

"Oh, well.."America didn't see a reason not to tell him "You see, I like Japan, and welp, I'm the awesome hero, so I wanted to confess my feelings and make him my boyfriend !"he proudly crossed his arms. "What about it you ?"

Italy was shocked...oh shit "Well, you see...I also like Giaponne..."his usual happy tone could have gone for a second or two, but it was impossible not to notice it's disappearance.

The atmosphere had suddenly changed: both of them certainly wanted the other gone at that second.

"...well, at least I can see that your taste isn't so bad..."America commented, trying but failing to make things less awkward.He tried knocking on Japan's door, but having no response, it probably meant that he was out.

Italy didn't know what to feel. He wondered if he had a chance to go against America in the first place, but he knew he loved Japan and that was enough to go for it "America...maybe it's not a good idea if we both tell him"

America hated to admit it, but he knew Italy was right "Yeah, I guess it would put Japan on an uncomfortable place. Having to chose between the hero and you would seem like an easy option, but having to let us both hear it wouldnt be good"

Welp, usually Romano was the most hot headed one of the two, but Veneciano often had quite the temper if he was angry. Of course, it would be harder to notice "What makes you think he would chose a mammoni ?"

America wasn't sure of what that meant, but it sure as hell didn't sound nice "Oh you think you got a chance, macaroni boy?" He had learned that one from England "Then I have an idea "

"I didn't know you could think !" Welp, Romano would probably be proud of his little brother now.

"Oh I can!"it was the best response he had at the moment "Let's both try to win Japan's heart, but we aren't allowed to tell him: he has to confess to either of us "America explained "There's no need for any kind of bet in case the other loses, he's already a good enough price."
Italy chuckled.It was nice to see his rival having an idea that good "Well, I accept.Let the best man win !" And that would be him

They shook hands before parting in their own ways, both already thinking of how they would win and of how they could also lose.

"Hello, is anyone there ?" Japan said as he opened the door.He had accidentally caught himself busy while reading one of his mangas, but hearing Pochi barking made him react, albeit too late."Huh, I thought someone might have been here "he closed the door and went back to what he was doing.