Chapter 18

Well, before anyone thinks that Italy and America are a couple of creepy stalkers, some context could help the two "rivals".
After waking up with a hangover from the night before, they had taken different approaches: Italy, who wasn't quite as drunk as the younger nation, recalled everything nearly perfectly. He was even bit embarrassed for what he texted his fratello, but was relief when he realized that Romano hadn't check his phone in the first place. It had for sure been a miracle, and he couldn't believe he hadn't gotten an angry call from his fratello.
After taking a cold shower and getting ready, he wondered what would be a good approach to the situation. Hell, was it worth it to wait until Japan wanted to confess? It could be a better idea to just be honest about his feelings, but he had made that bet with America and he couldn't back down.Besides, he would feel bad for not being honest with the blonde. He had to talk with him as soon as possible.
America, on the other hand, was extreme hungover.He couldn't even remember what he had typed on his phone, but he didn't dare to look at it. The sound of birds chirping was annoying for him, as even the smallest sound hurt his head. Being in that state, he could barely remember what happened last night. America decided to just shower and try to get rid of that horrible banging sensation in his head. He had no idea that he had even drunk texted England, but luckily, the Brit hadn't even seen the messages in the first place.
A knock on the door made America get off the shower and put a towel around his hip.Pretty much, he was naked, but wondered who the hell was knocking on his hotel room. As he opened the door, he was pretty chocked
"Italy?what are you doing here?" America asked puzzled.
"America, I know we have a bet but-"Italy opened his eyes, only to see the blonde's pretty attractive figure."But....but....oh god, how come Japan hasn't confessed anything to you?Dio Mio you're hot as fuck"
"Man, that's gay "America chuckled, but accepted the compliment.
"We are trying to date the same guy!" Italy remind him, still blushing "Anyways, what do you remember about last night ?"
"Honestly...not much " the blonde admitted. He had very vague memories of drinking some wine, then everything was confusing.
"You told me what England had told you" Italy reminded him "It sounded like he really hurt you with what he said"
"Well, maybe he did..." America tried not to sound that sad about those comments.
"I know I'm not to smart, but it's not nice when someone is so mean! " Italy said firmly "Last night when I was with you made me realize that maybe we approached the whole thing pretty wrong. Talking with you and dancing was funnier than my date with Japan! If that's how I feel, imagine how he feels"
"Wait, we danced together ?I honestly got too drunk after..."America recalled something "After we drank wine! It was honestly nice, I never expected to enjoy that so much" he sighed "God damn it, I get your point.Man I'm the hero, but I gotta recognize dude, this time you were the genius one."
Those two for sure lacked the incredibly important ability of reading a room. If they had it, they wouldn't have needed help to realize that Japan definitely didn't have a good time in the first place. At least they realized their mistake.
Said mistake might have been avoided if they hadn't asked for help. While Romano did have a good advice, he didn't take something into account: Japan did dislike hugs, but not when they came from Veneziano. Veneziano also didn't know the trick his fratellone had assumed he had. England did what he thought was correct, but he also forgot that there was a reason on why Japan liked to spend time with his little brother in the first place: his energetic and funny attitude played a major role in it.
Italy and America should have also listened to Romano's and Canada's initial concerns. Love bets rarely end well, even in fiction. They had to speak with their crush as soon as possible.
"We both need to go and tell him what happened." Italy sighed "Maybe he will hate us, maybe he will tell one of us that he likes us back. It's probably going to be you tho "
"Nah man, if it's going to be someone, it's you. You are way cuter than I am, and realized sooner that we made a mistake "America commented.
"That's gay!" Italy joked, doing the same the American had done before "I'll wait for you while you get ready. Can we go in your rented car tho?I got a ticket and it was revoked"
"Welll...I forgot to extend the rent and had to return it " America admitted "Guess we will have to walk there"
"Gaaah, I hate walking !" Italy complained "but alright !Meet me in the lobby as soon as you're ready" he then went to said place and waited for America.
It didn't take long for the blonde to rush to where Italy was seating, tho he was flirting with the receptionist. Guess he had decided not to listen to Romano for that, or just absolutely forgot in the same place.
"Yo dude, I'm ready!" America called out.
"Addio signorina!" Italy said cheerfully, and went with the American.
The trip to Japan's house wasn't exactly long, but it was better to go by car. They arrived only to find that he wasn't there at the moment. Neither knew it, but he was in a date with Germany.
"Should we just wait ?" America asked
"Si, I don't want to walk back so soon " Italy was feeling a bit lazy "Plus, I want to pet Tama and Pochi, they're so cute !"
"Alright, but it might take a while" America commented.
Italy tried looking for the pets, but they weren't in sight. At least Tama wasn't, since Pochi was inside Japan's house. They were there for a couple of ours.
"Dude look, it seems Japan is coming back !" America said to a distracted Italy
"Wait, that's Germany !" Italy pointed out happily.
"Oh shut, they also are very well dressed...QUICK, HIDE "America dragged Italy behind some bushes, as it would be awkward if Germany was there with him. That and that he didn't have a better idea.
Neither Japan or Germany noticed their presence, and both nations kissed in front of the ones hiding. Italy was shocked, and so was America. Where they sad?Perhaps, but they knew they couldn't blame anyone more than themselves.
Besides, Japan looked happy with Germany. As the two were distracted, they sneaked past them, making sure neither saw them.
"America, I don't want to walk back !" Italy complained "Can you carry me ?" The European pouted.
"Of course dude! I'm the hero, and heroes help those who need it !" America promised, and picked Italy fairly easily. As they were walking, Italy started to speak.
"You know, I really can't be angry with Germany. He didn't know about the bet in the first place" he said, then sighed "Plus, Japan looked happy with him."
"Yeah...I guess he didn't screw up this time " America assumed that he had learned from certain mistake. He hopes to learn from this one
"America...last night I really liked hanging out with you. I know we were drunk, but everything I told you was truth." Italy paused, and got off America's arm. He then looked at his eyes "I know it's weird and sudden but...maybe we should try dating. What I mean is...would you like to be my boyfriend, bello ?"
America was shocked, to say the least. It's not that he disliked Italy, but he had to process what he had just said. Once he did, America decided to answer.
"Yeah dude, let's do this !" He said enthusiastically, and chuckled "I'll be your hero!"
Italy giggled "I think we are going to get along " he commented and kissed America's cheek, causing the blonde to blush.
They had technically been on a date before, even if they could barely remember. The truth was, the two were more alike than anyone could admit.