Chapter 8

America was trying to implement all the changes England had told him to do.He had to admit it was kind of hurtful to hear everything he made was somehow wrong or annoying, but hey, at least it was better to hear it now than if Japan told him that himself. Speaking of that, considering he had already bought the ticket to his home, maybe he should call and ask him to go out with him. As friends, as it had to follow the rules, which he had told Italy...he did, right ? He sure hoped he had.

Taking his phone and breathing for courage, he made the biggest mental note he ever had: don't call him dude, just Japan.Trying to sound more serious was also a good idea.He quickly called, and thankfully, Japan answered.

"Hi, d..Japan!" Phew, that was close "I wanted to ask if you'd like to go out with me, maybe to..."crap, where ?Seeing a movie ?Nah, America knew he would end up choosing a superhero movie was always.Playing videogames?Again, no.Japan would just see him as a kid "the museum ?I know there's a pretty interesting one in Tokyo!"God he hoped there was.A museum was the most mature think he could think about. "My boss told me to go to your country, so I thought it would be nice to see you!

On the other line, Japan was puzzled.Not only was it a weird choice by the American, but he also had been asked to go out with Italy just moments earlier. He also hadn't heard from his boss that America had something to attend there"Sure, America-San.I'll be looking forwards to it" he wondered if it would be rude to ask him if he was attending with Italy, as he had mentioned something about his bosses' order too. Before he could ask America, he noticed the water to prepare his food had just boiled "I'm sorry, but I need to go. Have a nice day!" He said before hanging.

"YES, I DID IT !" America cheered as soon as the call went off. He quickly recalled that he also couldn't be loud "I mean, nice, I did it !Hey Tony, I'll be going to Japan again! You're in charge of the house "

"Alright, but what if your boss asks why you're gone ?" The alien would rather not have to deal with that guy.

"Ehhh...tell him that I'm sick and needed treatment in Japan's house.It's not like he knows anything about countries anyways."

"He doesn't know anything at all and he is an idiot !" Tony pointed out "Good luck on your date !"

"Well, it's not exactly a date yet, but thank you!" Dang, that reminded him that he had to pack clothings that made him look good.Welp, he still had some time before the flight departed.

Quickly, America went to check his closet.His old jacket was still there, and for a moment he wondered if it would be a good idea to use it. After all, it made him look mature and like a hero. Then again, it was an awful idea for several reasons. He decided to go with something pretty simple and totally appropriate: a tux and a bow tie!Now that screamed that he wasn't trying to hard.

He quickly packed it, along with some hair gel and his pajamas. Maybe he should bring his bald eagle plushie ?Of course, how would he sleep without it ?

After calling a cab, he left to the airport. Nothing could possibli go wrong !