Chapter 5

Italy made it back to his home without much issues.His boss didn't really need him for anything in particular, so he didn't have to bother about him. However, someone else was pissed about him for leaving like that.

"VENEZIANO, WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU ?" Romano's loud voice was impossible to miss. At least once a week, they'd go to each other's place to eat together.

"Ah, sorry fratellone!" Italy apologized. The time zones had made him forget the days"I went to Giaponne's place" His brother's eyes went wide.

"Did you tell him ?" Romano was well aware of why his brother had gone there in the first place. Even if he tried to act like he didn't care, he wanted to know the details and if his brother had succeeded. After all, he would hate to see him sad.

"Um well..."Italy began "You see..."

"DID HE SAY NO?" Romano yelled, then started to loudly curse.How dared him reject Veneziano ?

"No no, I didn't even get to tell him !" Italy sighed "Someone else was also there to tell him"

"DID THE BASTARD CONFESS BEFORE YOU COULD?"no one had the right to do that to his little fratello! He was gonna murder that person and throw their corpse to the sea.

"No, I made a bet with him! " Italy was finally able to say it. "We will make Japan chose who of us does he prefer. He doesn't know about it tho..."

Welp, now Romano was angry, but this time at his brother "ARE YOU CRAZY? THAT'S NO WAY TO THREAT SOMEONE YOU LIKE !" He grabbed Italy and shook him "GIAPONNE ISNT SOME PRICE YOU CAN WIN, HE IS YOUR BELLO!AND YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN TO BE SUCH AN IDIOTA "

Italy cried a bit "WAAAH SORRY FRATELLONE, BUT AMERICA WAS REALLY MEAN AND I GOT ANGRY AT HIM"  he tried to explain.

"AMERICA ?" Romano, tho he didn't hate the American as much as he did with Germany or France, wasn't particularly fond of him either "THE BURGER EATING BASTARD LIKES JAPAN TOO ?"

Italy nodded "And he said that Japan would chose him !"

"YOU CANT LET HIM WIN FRATELLO!" Romano forgot about his own words pretty quickly "As if that idiot would be capable of performing the arts of romance and seduction. He can't even properly cook food without dumping all the goddamn fat that he finds laying around and put whatever weird ingredient he thinks will fit." The older Italian rambled.

"But America is handsome !" Italy whined "He has also been Japan's friend for a long time, and got his own tricks ! He is actually brave and doesn't run away from fights." That one was particularly bitter for him "I'm just a useless coward! "

"DONT ADMIT HIS GOOD QUALITIES !" Romano yelled "Well maybe do it, but don't let it seem like he has won yet ! Tell me, Veneziano , is heaven when your lover is American ?"

Italy was confused about that question "Isn't the letter 'when your lover is Italian'?"

"Exactly!" Romano exclaimed.He knew his brother would know it "No signorina has ever resisted either of us, and even a man won't! There is no way you will lose Giaponne to the American bastard ! "

"I don't know fratellone, I'm worried about it " Italy knew it wasn't an easy win, despite all he knew about getting someone you liked. "Maybe I could also ask big brother France, he might "

"DONT EVEN DARE ABOUT GOING TO ASK THAT PERVERT !" Romano yelled "He is also probably going to help America, and that could work against you"

"I guess you are right" Italy recalled that France was also a brotherly figure for America, but well, he claimed to be the big brother of the world.

"You can do it by yourself, fratello! And I will help ! No one can beat the Italian brothers when it's about romance ! " Romano proudly declared.

"Si!" Italy agreed.His brother's words were true, and besides, Romano was his big brother ! With his help, nothing could go wrong.

"Now we just need you to get well dressed, and think of ways that will for sure make Giaponne far in love with you!But first, I'm hungry. Let's go make dinner damn it !" One couldn't think about defeating America with a hungry stomach.

"Do you want pasta ?" Italy asked

"What a dumb question!" Romano complained "Of course I want pasta!"