Chapter 4

As he had expected, he got scolded as soon as he made it back home.Not like America recalled what his boss had told him, but he was sure it wasn't something nice.

Going to his room, he tried to think of what steps he should take next. He didn't give any date as to when should they be able to get Japan to confess, but the quicker the better.

Would enlisting Tony's help be a good idea ? He was his best friend after all, but America wasn't sure of how much he knew about human feelings. Maybe calling England could also work, but that would be when he felt he needed one.

So of course, there was only someone else he could go and talk with at the moment.

"CANADA, HEY CANADA, DUDE!" America  yelled loudly as he knocked his brother's door.

Canada was used to that, but it didn't mean that he was particularly fond of the way his brother would knock.Even then, he opened the door "Hi America, what brings you here?"

"Well you see dude, I made a bet with Italy. Turns out we both have a thing for Japan, and I told him he'd chose me.So I guess he got angry and we are now competing to see who gets to make him fall in love with them first"America explained "But honestly the pasta boy is quite good at this romance stuff "

That sounded like the kind of thing that America would do. "Well, I don't know what to tell you."Canada said sincerely "But are you sure that is a good idea ?Its not fair to make Japan chose when he doesn't even know what's going on ! Plus you can't force love!"

Despite his usually shy nature, there were somethings that were natural for Canada. One of them was being observant about others, and he knew that situation would be uncomfortable for anyone.While it was nice that his brother noticed him enough to ask him for advice, he wasn't happy with that particular situation.

"But then Italy would be the one to date him! I'm the hero, Japan should chose me instead of the pizza bastard !" America complained. "Come on bro, you should be on my side !"

Canada sighed "Agh dang it, well then try your best to show him you care I guess !" Honestly, he felt like punching America for being so immature, but that was pretty much what he felt everyday "Still, going  against Italy is almost like going against papa France. Do you have a plan ?"

"Of course I do !" America said proudly "I'll show Japan that I'm way better than Italy, and he'll fall in love with me !"

"But how ?" Canada asked.He was almost sure that his twin didn't have a plan at all.

"I haven't figured that part out, but I will!" Yup, Canada was right. America was panicking on the inside.

"Maybe consider asking England to help you out." If Canada remembered correctly, they had been friends for a long time "Plus, asking papa France could also be a good idea."

"Nah, he might be helping out Italy " America thought "I guess you're right about England tho. His food might suck, but he could be really useful with this!You're brilliant bro!"

"Thank you" Canada was a bit shy whenever someone complimented him, and it made him be slightly less angry with his brother "I bet Japan is gonna chose you tho! Everyone thinks you're amazing and wants to be with you!He might even not notice how horrible this is!" That wasn't exactly a compliment "But I still think this I a terrible idea and maybe you two will realize it eventually. "

"Aww I knew I could count with you " America smiled and hugged his brother, pretty much ignoring most of what he had said  "You can be the best man if we get married"

Canada was almost running out of air, America's hugs could be literally bone crushing "I think you're going a bit too fast..." thankfully, his twin's phone started to ring

"Agh damn it, I gotta go. See ya bro!" America said before going back to his home.

Canada sighed and left to his room "I hope those two idiots realize that it's a bad idea" he told to Kumajiro.

"Who are you?" The little bear asked

"I'm Canada " welp, back to normal for now.