Chapter 3: The mall

F/N's perspective

After cleaning up Lily's new room and stacking all of Kate's stuff in the corner. I had gotten a drink of water as Lily had stuck to my side the entire time, still very timid about looking around without me in sight.

Setting down the now empty glass I looked down at Lily, though the new hoodie made her look less like a homeless person, I could still see the mats in her hair and the patches of dirt across her skin and scales.

F/N: "Lily?"

Lily: "Y-Yes?"

I got down on one knee so I was on level with her, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder as she looked at me.

F/N: "Would you like to take a bath?"

Lily looked at me with a bit of shock at the idea before nodding.

Lily: "Y-Yes please."

F/N: "Alright kiddo, I'll draw you up a bath."

I patted her head, which got a small giggle from her before I got up and went to the guest bathroom, opening up the door before I opened up a cabinet. Pulling out of soap and shampoo I set them on the toilet next to the bath before closing it. Lily slithering up next to me as I turned on the water and messed with the temp before nodding when it was about right.

F/N: "Alright, I have shampoo and soup for you, the water should be full in a bit. I assume you can wash yourself?"

Lily nodded as she looked around the bathroom.

Lily: "S-so this is my bathroom?"

F/N: "Yup, all yours."

Lily: "T-thank you."

I let out a small sigh and rubbed her head.

F/N: "You don't have to keep thanking me for every little thing. I'm happy i can help you out."

Looking at me her eyes started to water a bit before he hugged my leg, coiling a bit of herself around it as well as she squeezed a little. Smiling a bit more I rubbed her head again before turning off the water as the tub was full enough.

F/N: "Alright Lily, your baths ready, I'll just be in the kitchen if you need me."

She nodded as she wiped her eyes before letting me go. I left her to her privacy, closing the door behind me as I walked back into the kitchen. Noticing the old hoodie still laying in the kitchen table, I walked over and picked it up. Running my hand over it a bit I felt a bit of the grim come off in my hand.

F/N: "This needs a wash....."

I started to walk to the laundry room over by my garage. I pulled out the warn tag. It was a bit faded but I got a good enough look to get the size it was before I tossed it in the washing machine and added the cleaning packet before letting it run.

Now with that done I wiped my hands off on my pants and walked back out into the kitchen. Taking a seat at the table I waited a bit until Lily came out of the bathroom, she looked a lot better than before as she held her damp hair.

Lily: "I-if it's not t-to much to a-ask..... do you have a brush?"

F/N: "I bet Kate left one of her's here, she's got long hair like yours."

Getting up I walked into her room and pulled a brush off the pile of Kate's stuff and walked back out.

Lily: "Are you sure she won't be mad if I use her stuff?"

F/N: "Lily, if she's lazy enough to not take her stuff home, then it's fair game in my book that you can borrow her brush. Now, do you want me to brush it?"