Chapter 4: Saved by the fox

F/N's perspective

Rachel: "Get out of my way fox."

Kate: "Kitsune, but you used to know the difference, shame you became a bitch."

Rachel: "What did you call me!"

Rachel creates fire in her hands as Kate gets into a stance.

Kate: "You heard me lizard, I called you a bitch."

Rachel let out a low growl as she started to walk towards Kate. I moved Lily more behind me, making my hand into a fist, glaring at my Ex.

F/N: "Rachel, you're making a scene. Now how would that do for PR for your daddy's company?"

I said in a mocking tone as she froze, looking around at the crowd of people forming around them. She let out a defeated growl before extinguishing her fire as the mall cop made his way through the crowd.

Cop: "Break it up, you got a problem? Settle it in the tournament. This is no place for a fight."

Rachel just glares at the cop before walking away, the crowd making way for her so as to not warrant her wrath. The cop gave us a look before he noticed Lily behind me, his gaze softened a bit.

Riley: "I'm officer Riley. Can you tell me what happened?"

F/N: "Well, she was my Ex. Still had problems with me."

He nodded in understanding as he looked at the crowd.

Riley: "Shows over people, get back to your day!"

Once he yelled out the people started to disperse and go on with their days. Lily was still wrapped around my leg and was trembling slightly.

F/N: "Lily?"

She looked up at me with a fearful expression and that started to go away as I smiled at her.

F/N: "Want me to carry you back?"

She nodded shakily as I picked her up a bit, her tail now wrapping around my waist as I held her, she wrapped her arms around my neck. Kate walked over not too long after the cop had left and looked at her.

Kate: "So who's the kid? Or do you pick up random children when I'm not around."

I gave her a light glare as I moved the cloth bags into my free hand.

Kate: "Alright just a joke, what's with the kid?"

F/N: "I'll explain back at my place, come on."

Kate nodded as we walked out of the mall. I could see Kate looking at Lily out of the corner of my eye as we walked down the sidewalk to my place.

Kate: "Is that my hoodie?"

Lily: "Y-yes, I'm sorry for wearing it."

Kate: "O-oh no no no it's fine. You can have it."

Lily: "Really?"

Kate: "Yes, I have plenty. Though that must mean you went through my stuff didn't you F/N. I knew you liked me but you don't have to be a perv about it."

She gave me a sly smile before wincing when I flicked her forehead.

F/N: "Kate, you and I both know I'd never date you."

Kate let out an exaggerated gasp and held her chest.

Kate: "Oh F/N, how could you be so brutal."

I rolled my eyes and smiled a bit as Lily giggled a little from Kate's antics.

F/N: "Ya...... wait why were you at the mall? We were going to meet up tomorrow?"