Chapter 16: One man army

F/N's perspective

Wet footsteps, the echo's bouncing off the walls, the dripping and slow churning of the water. These are all the things I heard as I continued my way through damp sewers. My goal somewhere deep inside this small labyrinth. My newly acquired pistol in hand as I kept scanning the branching tunnels when they popped up. My paranoia grew with each one that turned up vacant.

F/N: (There's no way they just sent two grunts to get me.)

I checked another as I came up on a cross path. looking between both possible entrances two my flanks I held my gun up and sweeped the left tunnel. My light orb illuminates it up to reveal nothing. As I lowered the pistol I heard a faint skittering behind me. Spinning around I aimed at the origin of the noise......... which turned out to be just a rat.

I let out a sigh as it skittered off back into the darkness.

F/N: "Great, just a rat-

I stopped mid sentence as I felt a sharp pain in my side as I got sent tumbling to the floor, the sound of glass shattering rang out as the blue aura was broken. Letting out a pained grunt I stagger to my feet. A hand holding my side as I felt some blood start to seep from the where whatever hit me made impact. Looking over I was met with a female figure standing there in a white cloak. A spear in her hand, the tip a bit bloodied from the attack, but what set me off was that the spear was almost completely white.

The figure pulled back a hood to show a set of blue eyes and short blonde hair. A frown formed across her face as she ran a figure over the tip of her weapon, wiping off a bit of the blood and rubbing it between her fingers.

???: "I'm surprised the spell absorbed as much as it did. That should have at least pincered a lung."

F/N: "Lucky me. I guess you're not just some lacy if you have a magic breaking spear."

Eve: "You'd be right, I'll honor you tainted being with my name. I am Sister Eve, and I am here to deal with you."

With another grunt I put the pistol through a loop in my belt and pulled out my staff. She cocked an eyebrow at its size before I flicked my wrist. The staff extended out to it's full size as I took in a breath before exhaling.

F/N: "I have already dealt with two of you. You will just be a tad harder."

Eve gave a small laugh in response and got into a stance.

Eve: "Well, I have god on my side, I shall not fail."

F/N: "What's a god to a non-believer."

With a growl, Eve charged form with a surprising speed. Going for thrust right at my chest, I angled myself out of the and swung at her legs. The attack not having much effect as she moved and pivoted, my staff hitting what seemed like a brick wall as she used the back end of her spear as a blunt attack. The end hitting me in my chest which made me stumble back and almost into the water.

Thinking fast enough I thrusted my staff backwards into the wall, using the magic inside to blast air from that end, propelling me enough forward to not fall into the water and to also jab Eve into the gut. The attack caused her to skid back a bit before she stopped herself, coughing a bit before she regained her composure and glared at me.

Eve: "Don't think this little luck streak will keep saving you."

F/N: "Luck? No, I've just trained."

Getting into a stance of my own. I spat to the side and spun my staff around. We both stared each other down before charging again. Eve this time thrusting for my head. I swung my staff so that it hit her spear off its mark, only scratching my cheek a bit as I kicked her thigh, making her leg buckle a bit as she pulled her spear back for another thrust. This time I was fast enough to jab at her other leg, the air blast from the end forcing her off balance where her second stab was way off target and I was able to kick her.