Chapter 9: Secrets uncovered

F/N's perspective

I looked at Garvel with a glare, glancing to my sides to see the figures in the corners had their eyes bearing down on me.

F/N: "I don't have a choice, do I?"

Garvel: "Bravo, the pest has brains."

He said with a smirk as he unfolded his jet black wings and stood up. His hands clasped behind his back as he looked down on me.

Garvel: "What we are here to discuss is the final nail in my little plan for you and your little shop."

He said in a snarky tone. Caught up in his little speech to notice that I moved my hand into my pocket and hit record on my phone.

F/N: "And what might that be? I know you failed last time to burn down my shop."

Garvel: "Oh yes, that. I am quite surprised you were able to stop that. Though I do have to thank you I guess, you did bring my daughter closer to me, though I didn't frankly don't care about her feelings in using her."

F/N: "Wait you what?"

Garvel's eyes lit up with amusement.

Garvel: "You mean you?..........Oh how priceless! You really thought she was in on it didn't you?"

F/N: "She wasn't.......

Garvel: "Oh yes, I just used your little date as cover for my plans, but you finished too soon. Damn girl was supposed to keep you there longer for a 'surprise ' I had for you. But that's the past, let's focus on the now."

F/N: (That's why she was so nervous........Rachel oh god.....)

I shook those thoughts away as Garvel rotated the paper and slid it in front of me.

Garvel: "Before you is a contracted 'deal' between us. In it you will be giving me full control of your store, any and all profits will be given directly to me, and you will be releasing all ability to work as a blacksmith."

F/N: "And if I refuse to sign."

Garvel's face formed into a stern look as he snapped his fingers. Not too long after I felt a heat and static behind me. Turning to look I saw it to be the two now known Black dragon guards standing behind me. One holding a mace with electric sparks rippling off its surface, the other of course held a Flamesteel short sword.

Garvel: "My accomplices will have to be a bit forceful. So shall we?"

He picked up a pen and held it out to me. Slowly I patted my belt with my hand near my pocket, the feeling of smooth metal brushing against my fingertips as I smiled and moved it away to grab the pen in one hand. Garvels eyes lit up as he watched as I moved it over the paper.

Though I couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

Garvel: "Oh? Why the laughter? Or are you just marveling at my plan."

F/N: "No no, not that at all."

I moved my other hand to the pen and snapped it in half, the ink spilling out over the paper as I dropped the two now broken pieces of the pen.

F/N: "I'm just thinking of the best way to beat the shit out of you."

Garvel growls as he looks at his men.

Garvel: "You know what to do."

I felt the two guards behind me start to move closer before I took in a breath and exhaled before I made my move.

Quickly I moved my legs up and kicked off the desk, sending my chair tumbling back. As I stayed in the chair as everything seemed to slow down. The guards had attempted to grab me but I watched as their hands went over my head as I continued to fall back. Though time did speed up again as I moved my hands back as they hit the ground I pushed off into a roll as I stood up.