Chapter 14: Finals gone wrong

F/N's perspective

F/N: "It's going to a good finishing match this year."

I said as we were in the waiting period between the matches. Mountain and his daughter had gone off to grab something to eat as Kate was in the VIP lounge with us. Devouring a few sandwiches as the rest of us just ate like normal people.

F/N: "Kate slow down, the last thing you need is an upset stomach during the match."

Kate: "I know I know, just hungry ok?"

She said defensively as she was in the middle of eating her third sandwich. I just sighed and ate mine peacefully. Lily nomming down on her own as she sat next to me.

F/N: "Like it?"

She nodded a bit but seemed a bit jumpy.

Rachel: "Hey Lily you ok?"

Lily: "Hum? Ya I'm ok."

Kate: "You sure, you seem troubled."

She said with her mouth full which I bonked her head lightly as Lily shook her head.

Lily: "I just feel like someone's watching us."

I frowned a bit as I looked around now my paranoia creeping in a bit before I shrugged it off and patted her head.

F/N: "Probably just the media if anyone."

Lily: "Ya, you're probably right."

She smiled a bit and ate her sandwich more before a small alarm went off on Kate's phone.

Kate: "Well, time to get ready. Match is starting soon."

F/N: "Good luck and get going.'

She nodded as she took her last bite before rushing into the elevator and disappeared as it closed.

Rachel and Lily finish their food and go back to their seats as I ate the last of mine. As I stood up I felt a tap on my shoulder. Looking over I was a bit irritated to see Drake standing there.

F/N: "What do you want?"

Drake: "I came to apologize for earlier."

I cocked an eyebrow a bit as I crossed my arms.

F/N: "Setting aside that little pride you have."

Drake: "Yes, I should have assumed you two would-

F/N: "You're forgiven."

Drake: "R-really? I expected-

F/N: "Let's just say I'd rather not make enemies with anyone if I don't have too. So you're forgiven."

Drake smiled a bit and nodded.

Drake: "Thank you and good luck to Kate."

F/N: "Ya, she should have this."

The red dragon nodded as he gave a small bow of sorts and left. I just shook my head before heading over and sitting down. Luffy was with us this time as he sat on Luke's left.

Luffy: "I have a feeling Kate might have this in the bag."

Luke: "Really? Right after Fimruda struck you out of the air."

Luffy: "I froze ok?"

F/N: "Ah I don't believe you Luke, Kate's got all the speed she needs to win."

Mountain: "Speed isn't anything if she can't get close."

We all looked back to see Mountain hopping over the top row and sitting in his seat.