#5

"Uhh ... okay", Jiro said after some silence. I could see that the whole class was shocked and scared, but they tried to move on. "Great job Deku, they're now all scared of your useless ass", Katsuki snarled. I already wanted to answer in my manner, but remembered my role in the last moment. "Sorry Kacchan, I didn't mean too! You know that I did most of this to get the gang from the block to leave me alone! You know how they would bully me and I wanted them to stop and-", I rambled with wide eyes. "Yeah yeah, whatever Deku", Kat shrugged.

"Let's just move on to the next game and stop arguing, please", Momo stopped everyone who was whispering and arguing with each other. "But Momo, I'm really curious about what we don't know about Deku! I want to know more about him", Mina complained. "I suggest we leave him alone, it's obvious that he is uncomfortable with talking about it", Momo said. "H-how about I just go to bed and leave you alone to talk about what you just found out?", I suggested stuttering.

"No Midoriya, stay here! It's disrespectful to talk about you behind your back", Iida protested when I stood up. The others looked at each other and I knew they were quietly hoping I'd leave them alone. "Even if we would move on to the next game, I bet someone would ask me about it. I'll just leave the rest to your speculation and I would prefer not saying any more", I said and turned around to leave the room.

When I stepped out the door and entered the corridor I stopped for a moment to listen. "Bakubro! You've known him for forever, right? I'm sure you can tell us some more about him", Sero said. "Forget it extras. I am not saying a single word, it's bad enough as it is. If you don't switch the subject I'll go too. It's late anyways", Katsuki shouted as response.

Ugh, what came over me earlier? I could've just lied and I for sure shouldn't have challenged them. Why was I in such a daze? I needed to keep myself together, even if it got so much damn harder every single day. For Katsuki, to make him happy. I would do everything for him.

I heard steps coming closer to the door, seconds later Katsuki was next to me. He didn't talk, just passed by. I followed him into the elevator. There was silence between us until we reached the floor we both had our dorms on. "Why didn't you just lie?", Katsuki asked when the silence became too heavy. I stayed silent for a moment, then I said: "I don't know. You know that I hate lying, but I should have this time. I'm sorry."

Silence again, then: "Saying you're sorry doesn't change anything." "I know", I said again. "We needed an explanation for your tattoo anyways, I guess. So at least that should be solved", Katsuki continued after a moment. The doors of the elevator were about to close so we quickly stepped out of it. We stood in front of the doors, that were now closed, in silence. "Izu I... I think I need some time to process what just happened. A lot could change from now and-", Katsuki started, but stopped himself when tears started to collect in his eyes.

"I understand that. I won't say that everything will stay the same, I don't know what will happen either. But no matter what, we'll make it work somehow", I said and brought him closer to my chest. I could feel his tears soaking my t-shirt when he buried his head in my chest. We stood there in silence until his tears stopped spilling and he calmed down a bit. Katsuki let go of our embrace and took a deep breath.