8. Roselia and Kenneth

-You can't tell anyone about it but I kinda based one of my BL books in Kenneth, I mean Duke Esbande- Latte was laughing loudly she and the princess were in the castle, it was tea time.

-Oh my!- Roselia was laughing as well this was one of their most common kind of conversations -why would you do that!"

-Why not?- Latte suddenly remembered the novel original plot, the princess originally fell in love with him 'maybe it was for his looks?'

-what do you think about him, princess?
-Nothing at all... he's loyal I think-
-Mmm that's sooo disappointing
-Whaat? Why?
-I don't know- Latte could just imagine the original plot - I think you two would be a beautiful couple

The day end up fast and the princess keep thinking about that subject 'i don't think I have the necessity of falling in love with a real person...'

'right?' Latte and Arwin looked so beautiful together every ball they just showed up together with matching clothes and Arwin looked at Latte like she was his hole world, it felt like they were born to be together, anything different than that would be just boring and not as intense as they were. thoughts were all mixed and that putted an idea on her mind

'I want something like that'

Days after that the princess went out to do something related to her duties and decided to check the plaza for a bit, the guards were hidden all over the place so there shouldn't be a problem. And she wanted to be outside the castle.

As she saw all kinds of stores from dress stores to libraries she got a bad feeling, like someone was following her 'I thought I was already too used to the guards, what's happening today'

As she looked around a person dressed as a commoners runned straight to her with a knife 'what's happening why is he so fast' the people around her didn't even blink the man was running without stop and it felt like a slow motion. As she covered her face as a reflection she felt someone in front of her and a man screaming. When she opened her eyes she saw Duke Esbande in front of her.

-Your grace... - the princess sighed, it had been a long time since someone just runned into her and tried to hurt her.

-Your highness- Kenneth looked at her for the first time- 10 guards isn't enough- he said firmly but Roselia still looked scared, the man was faster than a normal person

-Why? Why was he that fast?- Kenneth looked the man in the floor after being defeated by him and then looked at Roaelia and softened his eyes.

-Maybe magic stuff I can't be sure, I'll just send him to the tower

Roselia's guards took that as an order and, after checking on her, took the person to the tower just 5 remained there, the presence of the Duke was already enough to keep every single soul away.

-Allow me to scort you to the palace your highness.
-Yeah... I mean of course.

They took Roselia's carriage and began the journey to the castle, at first totally in silence but it wasn't an uncomfortable one, it was just that Roselia were so deep in her thoughts, it had been a long time since she had felt so scared.

-I'll asked for your guards to be retrained your majesty, they lack in magic defense
-Oh yes that sounds good.

Another silence

-are you still scared?

Well that was an obvious thing but still the princess felt embarrassed about it

-it just... Hadn't happened in a long time to someone to be that near

Why was she telling him that? Latte's words came into her mind again 'i think you two would be a beautiful couple' oh that was the last thing she wanted to remember at the moment.

The journey ended fast and they were just in front of the castle, it was time to say goodbye. Kenneth came out of the carriage and offer his hand to Roselia, and she took it not knowing anything about Kenneth's trauma and his real thoughs at the moment, the thoughts about protecting someone.

-I'll make sure it doesn't happen again... Your majesty.

________________________

Hi! This one-shot was requested by @MmainaM I really hope you liked it! Thank you all for voting and leaving comments! I love you all already.

See u in the next one-shot!