[Chapter XII]

You were headed to collect another bounty on your list. The criminal was hiding out somewhere in Kakariko Village and you were excited. It's been too long since you've done something like this. You were practically shaking from excitement. You were on your way to kakariko right now. You'll probably ask Renaldo some questions before searching the village. After that, you thought about visiting lake hylia since you haven't been there for a while. You had a lot of things you wanted to do before you go back home, so you were making a list on Garnets back to be more organized about it.

"Is there a place you want to visit? Just don't say Castle Town, you know I can't go back there." You said to your traveling companion looking down to look at him. You were glad things were back to normal. Just you and Garnet, traveling around Hyrule together. You were happy of course, but your gut keeps telling you that something was wrong. You ignored it not wanting anymore trouble than you've already caused. 

You'll probably pick up a few bounties go have fun at Lake Hylia then go home to rest a bit. That sounded like a great plan to you. 'That sounds like a great plan' You thought getting ready to make the plan a reality. 

You were close to Kakariko Village already, you didn't know how long you were traveling. You were pretty distracted with your plans until now. You made your way towards one of the entrances to Kakariko Village. Garnet slowed down deciding to walk inside the village so he would trample over the villagers. After you caught the bounty, you were going to sleep in the inn for the night. Being stuck in bed has soften you up and right now you were pretty sore.

Inside the village, you make your way towards the shamans house. You were going to see how he was doing and his daughter were doing. Before you went to the Shamans, you led Garnet to a stable so he could rest. Once you were done with that, you headed toward Renado's house knowing he would give you a warm welcome. You stopped abruptly seeing two hylian soldiers talking to Renado by his front door.

Your heart stopped

'What in the name oh Hylia?! What are they doing here?' You asked yourself shocked out of your mind. You snapped out of your thoughts backing away slowing pretending you didn't see anything. You put your hood up that was connected to your trench coat making sure they don't see your face. You didn't know if they would notice you after you being away for years. You hid close by trying to act normal. You crossed your arms leaning on a wall looking away from them.

"Like we said, we're here if you have any information about [Y/n] Hyrule." One of the guards said sounding very irritated.

"And like I said, we know nothing about her presence ever stepping foot inside this village. I don't know how many times you have to ask, but she's not here, maybe try looking somewhere else."

"Thank you very much for your time." The other guard said with a smile before pulling his companion away from the house. You were able to here their conversation before they went out of earshot.

"We're wasting are time here, when will you think the messenger will come?"

"He'll come soon, have some patients."

"We've been patient for almost 6 years for the princess to return. Why would she runaway anyways, that's pretty stupid if you ask me, she's probably dead for all we know."

"Evan! don't say such things about our highness."

"Highness my ass, she probably ran away to get away from all that."

"Is that how you really feel." A new voice dropped in. Your eyes went wide knowing who's voice that belonged to. Admiral Barrett, one of the best soldier across Hyrule. Last you heard, he became captain. Honestly you didn't know things would get worse. You grabbed something from your bag not wanting to look suspicious than you already did. You hands found it's way around a book? You pulled it out realizing that it was a journal that you had gotten for yourself when shopping.