| s i x

Seo Hyun arrived at the hospital, her eyes widening as she noticed the reporters doing a live newscast at this early hour

Seo Hyun arrived at the hospital, her eyes widening as she noticed the reporters doing a live newscast at this early hour. Huh, what's going on here? She shook her head, brushing off the uneasiness sitting on her shoulders as she entered the lobby. Police officers swarmed the reception, and the turbulent chattering of people filled the air. One guy caught Seo Hyun's eye in particular, his back was turned to her, but she recognized him anytime. "Oppa?" The man in the police uniform turned around from his conversation. "What's going on?" she questioned. Seo Jin approached his younger sister, worry etched on every crevasse of his face. He held her hands in his trembling ones, the silence triggering the growing anxiety that wavered over Seo Hyun.

"I'm so sorry dongsaeng." Before Seo Hyun could comprehend his words, the sharp clanging of metal rang in her ears, and she looked down to see silver handcuffs hugging her wrists.

"You're being arrested for the murder of Mr. Ahn Myung Pil."

Seo Hyun opened her mouth, but no sound came out. The sheer revelation was enough to stun her. She jerked back as if to escape, but Seo Jin held her hands firmly. "You can't be serious, what are you--"

"You have the right to remain silent," he cut her off, before putting his arm around her to steer her out of there. "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." His voice was empty of any affection, only raw and emotionless. As he drove her out of the hospital, numerous reporters surrounded them like paparazzi. Flashes of bright light obscured Seo Hyun's view, blocking out all the chaotic questions overriding each other. She didn't have a clue as to what was happening and felt as light as a feather.

Everything happened like a blur, one that swirled out of existence. Seo Hyun left like she couldn't breathe, that the anxiety was building up and compelled her to scream, to make sense of anything. She was caught in a trance, one where she felt like she would just faint at any given moment. Seo Jin guided her to his car, opening the backdoor and gently escorting her inside. Seo Hyun looked up at him, betrayal stinging her like a sharp pain soaring through her senses. Before he closed the door, he finally finished the Miranda Warning.

"You have the right to an attorney."

* * *

Ji Woo crossed over the neon yellow police tape, entering the hospital room that seemed to have a darker edge after knowing the malicious crime that took place. "Well then," he paused, clapping his hands together. The room was plainly mundane, the walls were a cream color, and it reeked of strong disinfectant compared to the hallways. The only glimpses of beauty you could search for was the large window at the end of the room that gave a view of the world below.

Ji Woo strapped on a pair of disposable gloves and walked around the bed, stopping by the bedside table. He picked up a couple of medicine bottles, looking through each name. Baclofen? Sounds like a disease. He chucked the bottles inside ziplock bags and searched the room for anything else that could serve as potential evidence. Finally, after finishing a thorough check, he left the room, eager to get away from the eerie place.