| t w e n t y t h r e e pt. 1

"Yes, that's right, what a beauty," A gruff voice swooned nearby

"Yes, that's right, what a beauty," A gruff voice swooned nearby. Seohyun kept her eyes closed, not daring to lift her eyelids and reveal she was conscious. Her skin was exposed to the biting cold of the freezing air, and she could feel her wrists dangling above her head.

She felt like a dead pig hanging in a butcher shop, minutes away from being slaughtered, and having her meat sold to anyone who'd crave a taste.

A score of camera shutters split in the silence, and Seohyun could only imagine the creep must be taking lewd photos of her. Her arms, limbs, feet, and even her back and waist felt bare. She could tell she was no longer in the arms of her lab coat or the clothes she wore earlier. A hushed shudder could only hold her at the thought of someone undressing her, and doing God knows what while she was unconscious.

Rape? No, can't be, I feel normal except for the migraine in my head.

But for how long can I preserve myself before-

The camera stopped making noise, and so did her heart. Footsteps sounded, and Seohyun could feel the presence of the man nearing her with every second that passed. Her breathing clogged in the tunnel of her throat as his warm breath slithered her neck like a ghostly snake. His calloused fingers began to scour over bare skin, exploring every curve and crevasse of her exposed body.

Seohyun wanted to whimper, but she bit back the tears brimming her closed eyes as the man's lips trailed from her neck down to her shoulder, leaving wet kisses. She felt sick watching Kitel being played like a toy, and she just felt that sickness intensify in that vile moment. She prayed to any divine power out there watching over her, I won't be greedy and ask you to keep me safe, but can I at least make it out of here alive? Or is it even worth living after this whole ordeal?

"Hey! What are you doing! Boss said not to touch her!"

A scratchy grunt emitted from the man who mangled her, and his hands and lips instantly left her. She repeatedly thanked whoever the second man was, even if she knew he was in on the whole act.

"Fuck off! I'm not allowed to play once in a while?"

"Stupid! We don't even know if we're going to sell her, or if Boss is going to slice her open!" Silent curses wisped and dissipated like sugar dissolving in water. Then Seohyun heard footsteps crunch away. She could finally grasp at that moment a good gist of what this shady business must be all about. Indeed, she had an idea beforehand, but the interaction between the two men had just solidified her theory.

Sex trafficking... Not only that, they must be cutting up these poor victims and selling their organs.

Seohyun finally clicked her eyes open, and she blinked several times to adjust to the bright fluorescent lights of the sick room. She needed to get out of her, fast. There was no chance she would linger in this room, and perhaps by the time they arrived back, she would already be dead meat.