Chapter 10

Entering the cave by swimming was not what Lydia planned on doing, her fresh clothes were already soaked through and not so flattering anymore. But that had to addressed later. Is was dark. Too dark. Without any torches or anything she struggled to catch where she was going, only noticing when she caught a glimpse of the moonlight casting a glow on the treasure.

She climbed out slowly and edged towards main area of the cave, not letting herself be seen by any pirates. Not that there were many there. Only a few. Strange. She would have guessed most of them would be here. Not that she would complain. It'll be easier this way. Scanning the room she spotted Will sat down, guarded by one pirate and Jack nowhere in sight. Leaning out just that further she felt hands grab onto her waist, spinning her around and pinning her to the wall. She tried to let out a shout but a hand clasped onto her mouth and that's when she locked eyes with a familiar face.

"And what do you think you're doing here love?" Jack whispered sternly.

Lydia nocked away his hand from her mouth but she remained pinned to the wall as Jack eyed her change of clothing. She'd gone through many outfit changes through this trip and plenty of them didn't leave much for the eye. Certainly not this one. The white of the uniform was soaked through and revealing a bit too much for Lydia's liking. She secured her jacket around as best she could but even then some areas were still in view. Jack smirked as Lydia hit him in the arm.

"Saving Will what are you doing?" Lydia whispered back.

"Saving Will. But love if come dressed like that you're asking for my eyes to wonder," Jack looked down at her.

Lydia scoffed and tried to push away but Jack didn't let her, spying around to make sure they were hidden.

"Now isn't the time for this Jack. Will's still captured," Lydia nodded his way.

"It's never the time but ye keep surprising me. You shouldn't be here," Jack chuckled.

"I'm saving Will weather you like it or not," Lydia frowned.

There was a rustling behind Jack and he spun and stood in the way of Lydia, sandwiching her between his back and the wall. She let out a grunt which Jack tried to play off as his own but the feminine voice did not suit him. Jack pressed further back to warn her not to make a noise.

"Who you talking to Jack?" Barbossa gleamed in the moonlight.

"No one. Myself, dangerous habit. I think I need help," Jack shook his head as he pretended to be sad.

Barbossa rolled his eyes and yanked Jack's arms, revealing Lydia behind him. She gasped as Jack bit his lip. Like he knew it would be her, Barbossa sighed and grinned at the girl.

"Welcome back lady Mahogany. Pleasure for you to join us," Barbossa took her arm and lead her to where the rest of the pirates were by the treasure.

When Will caught sight of her he squirmed in his ropes but Lydia was lead away to another pirate who held her tightly. Jack followed like a child who had just been told off, swaying his arms and avoiding Will's gaze.

"Jack you promised she was safe!" Will spat at the pirate.

"She came here on her own doing mate. Trust me I wanted her to stay just as much as you," Jack widened his eyes at Lydia who looked to the ground.

Barbossa took his place at a pile of treasure, sitting down and observing the people around him. He sat like a king, which he certainly didn't look like, resting his elbows on his knees. Jack made his way around the piles of gold, fiddling with the various jewels before dumping them and moving on. There was a variety of different trinkets, from jewelry to cups and plates, catching the eyes of Lydia. They were similar to the trinkets she kept in her shop except worth a lot more. And not smashed into millions of pieces. Sparkles of yellow ran around her as she counted how many different trinkets she could see, just to pass the time until Jack did something other than swap around the many rings decorating his fingers.