Chapter 6: Ready? - Fitz

A/n: Yup, a Fitz chapter! As I said before, I'm not very good at figuring out how Fitz would react to each different things, so, those of you who are Fitz fans, sorry if this isn't accurate. Also, I'm trying to expand on Fitz wanting to be friends with Dex, but this is NOT a Fitz x Dex story, so everything has been written with a friendship intent. Thank you, and enjoy the chapter!

PoV: Fitz

I reached out my hand towards Dex's temple. His mind was still black and empty, just as it had been for the last few times I checked on him. He was still alive, but hadn't moved in at least three days, which was worrying, to say the least.

After trying one more time to break through the black, I removed my hand and shook my head so Hazel, who was standing behind me, would know it didn't work. Again. I heard her sigh quietly behind me.

"I don't get it," she whispered, "It's been three days. Why hasn't he woken up yet?"

 I turned to face the small girl. "At this point," I started, "the only person I know who could help is Sophie. She can solve this kind of problem easily, but we don't know where she is."

 Hazel nodded and turned, walking out of the cabin. I looked over my shoulder at Dex again before following her out. The midday sun seemed overly bright as we stepped outside, its beams reflecting on the sea. There weren't nearly as many campers out as there were in the days past, but those who were out were training for the upcoming battle. Percy didn't tell anyone who they were fighting, exactly, but that didn't stop any of them from practicing, which my fragile mind would never let me partake in.

"Uh, hey Hazel?" I asked as I watched Percy fighting against Jason, " What was Percy's plan? The last thing I heard was 'Lets fight', or something like that. "

 Hazel gave a small smile, "That pretty much was his plan. The campers here aren't part of an army, unlike at Camp Jupiter. They don't train for battle like we Romans do."

 I nodded in understanding. The people here had been telling me a lot about this other camp, and it had me thinking, "If Camp Jupiter is basically just an army, do you think they'll help us fight? We could use it."

 Hazel shrugged, "Maybe. For all we know, they're in the middle of their own battle right now. Relying on their help may not be the best option."

 The sound of footsteps coming towards me grabbed my attention from the training demigods. Hazel and I both turned to face Nico, who was running towards us. Hazel had asked him to talk with his father about Dex, to make sure he'd be okay. "Is everything okay, Nico?" I asked as he came to a stop.

"Dex," he wanted as he caught his breath , "He's fine. My dad hasn't seen or heard anything about him."

" So, why were you running? " Hazel asked.

"Because of Dex," he said vaguely.

"More explanation, please." I demanded.

" I'm getting there." Nico took a deep breath, "So, the whole spirit dilemma is over, first of all, but my dad said that some of them were panicking over something. When we asked them about it, they just said we had to be careful. There also was this girl who just kept saying something like 'follow the bird, ' or something? She didn't remember how she came up with that phrase, so I was wondering if you guys knew."

" Follow the bird, " I muttered, trying to remember why it sounded to important, "Follow the bird... follow the pretty bird across the sky."

" Uh, what does that mean? " Hazel asked me.

"I'm not entirely sure, but I know it has to do with Sophie."

" So, if that has to do with Sophie, what does Dex have to do with this? " Hazel addressed Nico.