Chapter 21: An Unexpected Greeting - Hazel

A/n: Hey, I'm back for a bit! I got some writing in while I was gone, so here you go! I hope you like it!

PoV: Hazel

"Elves, meet the demigods," Biana said, pointing to us in turn. Cautiously I looked around the group at the other 3 people in our group. I saw Percy grinning at Jason's unbelieving expression, and I almost laughed at Frank's. Piper's expression was pretty calm, like she'd known for a long time, even though I knew she hadn't.

"... What?" A boy with black hair that had silver tips asked.

"Maybe that was the wrong way to put it, Biana," Annabeth admitted, " So, we're not humans or elves. We're children of the Greek gods. "

"The gods are similar to the councilors. So, say one of the councilors went to the Lost Cities, uh, married a human, and had a powerful child that was half elf half human. That's basically what it's like for them. " Sophie clarified. I had no idea what that meant, but the elves understood.

"And I'm guessing it's opposite for us?" Jason asked, " Because I'm pretty sure we're also confused. "

"Not all of us," I added , "But think of, uh, Legolas but less violent. And with special abilities like ours."

" Cool! " Frank exclaimed.

"Um, if you're elves, " Jason asked, "Why aren't your ears pointed?"

Sophie tried not to laugh as the others sighed or shook their heads in disbelief. "I asked the same thing," Sophie said, "Basically, our ears don't get points until we're really old."

" ...huh. "

The awkward silence between the two groups was tense. Both sides were trying to figure the other out. In a few ways, it was kind of funny, but it was also nerve racking, wondering if each side would accept the other.

"...Should we do introductions?" Biana asked to break the silence.

"Probably," Annabeth answered, "I can start. I'm Annabeth, and I'm the daughter of Athena, the goddess of wisdom." She looked at Percy.

"Ok, I guess it's my turn. Percy Jackson, son of Posiden, god of the sea."

And it went like that through both groups. The two people I couldn't remember were Tam and Linh, and while I could tell they were twins, they were polar opposites. I much preferred Linh's unconditional kindness and her energy over Tam's secluded personality.

"Um, Percy? You said your dad was the god of the sea, right?" Linh asked .

"Yeeeeesssss..." Percy replied slowly.

" So... can you control water? "

Percy grinned. He turned towards the water and brought a huge wave onto the shore, which was a fairly easy thing for him to do. Coincidentally, Tempest and a man -who I assumed was Lord Cassius - were walking towards us, and Tempest managed to see the wave and move away in time. Cassius wasn't as fortunate and ended up getting soaked. There was a moment of silence before Keefe burst out laughing, Sophie soon joining him.

Linh smiled, "That's cool! I don't have the best control over my water ability."

Percy shrugged, "Nobody's able to get good at things without practice except Annabeth."

Annabeth looked at him, "I can't tell if that's an insult or compliment."

"I don't know either."

Linh giggled before raising her hands slightly. Small water droplets appeared in the air, creating a beautiful pattern in the sky. She held it there for a few seconds before dispersing it again. "Okay, you need to teach Percy how to do that," Annabeth said.

"I agree," I agreed, still staring at where the water had been.

Linh's smile grew and Tempest arrived. Cassius was grumbling to himself a ways away. "Well, congratulations," Tempest said, no sarcasm in her tone, " You drenched him in water from his own beach. You have no idea how many times I've wanted to do that. "

"So, you've known him for a while?" Keefe asked.

"Yes. And while I'm grateful for his help, there have been times when I want to shove him into a mid puddle and leap away."

Keefe gave her a half smile, "Well at least we can agree on something."

" Why are you here? " Tam asked, instinctively stepping in front of Linh.

Tempest rolled her eyes, "Well, at least you didn't hold a throwing star at my neck the second you saw me, so I'll consider this a somewhat warm welcome, Tam. Though I'm rather surprised you remember me, since we worked on different sides of the project."

" You think I'd forget? "

Tempest shrugged but said nothing. There was a stare down between the two of them before Tam sighed and crossed his arms, "Fine."

" Um, was there some conversation here I wasn't aware about? " Percy asked.

Tempest looked at Percy and then me, "Well, you two did your job well. I expect you to keep it up."

I was about to ask her what job she was talking about when Cassius arrived. He looked over at our group and pointed at each demigod, "Whoever was the one to soak me, I will figure it out."

" How do you know it was us? " I asked.

"Linh wouldn't splash anyone with water." Cassius reasoned, which must've mad Linh a bit mad because soon a small puddle of water appeared over his head and fell. He sighed, "Whatever. I know it was still one of you."

I glanced nervously at Frank, who turned to look at me. I wasn't quite sure how much Cassius knew about us, but I knew for a fact we hadn't told him. Tempest hadn't had enough time to explain everything. Frank seemed to understand and grabbed my hand.

Tempest didn't look straight at Cassius when he walked back towards her. Instead she looked at the ground in front of her, which was the first time I had seen her not look someone in the eye. It made me curious, but I didn't say anything.

Tempest looked almost nervous as she spoke, "You don't need to worry, demigods. Cassius knows... a lot about you."

I gave Tempest a small smile, but I could see Keefe's reaction to get words, and his narrowed eyes didn't comfort me. "Well, demigods," Cassius started, " If you want, you can stay here a night, or you can go with them. I prefer the second option, but I don't really care at this point. "

Keefe seemed to be thinking the same thing as me. At this point. So that means he took care of demigods before...

I didn't have much time to think about it, because Annabeth spoke, "Thank you, Lord Cassius, but I think we have a place for them to stay."

Cassius looked relieved, "I see. Well, goodbye." Without another word, he turned and walked away.

" That was rushed. " I said as he left.

"Well, " Tempest started, standing straight up like she had been before, "We were kind of unexpected, and he's currently being paranoid. Now, you should go back to wherever you're staying. If you aren't comfortable with me coming, I understand."

Keefe and Sophie exchanged a short glance. "It'll be easier to keep an eye on you if you come with us..." Keefe started, " ...Fine. But don't try to kill anyone or anything like that."

Tempest nodded and Dex pulled out a wand like thing from a pocket. "Let's go, then." Instead of making one long line, we split into small groups with one elf in each one. Grabbing onto Sophie and Frank's hands, I let the blonde elf pull me into the light.