Chapter 28: The Beginning of the end: third person Annabeth

A/n: Yep, the title is right, ladies and gentlemen!! We are approaching the end of the story! I hope you don't hate me, since these next few chapters... you'll just have to read them. Also, you probably noticed that this chapter will be in third-person. Sorry for switching it up now, but it'll make writing these next few chapters easier. Now, with that out of the way, enjoy the chapter!

Third person pov: Annabeth

Annabeth put her invisibility cap on her head and stalked behind Tam. Along with Keefe, he was taking Tempest to the Neverseen's base hidden in the Lost Cities. She had told them about it, and apparently she also knew for a fact that once Hazel and Percy were gone Camp Half Blood would be left alone and everyone would come there. The news would've been great, had Tempest been trustworthy.

Annabeth tried to move as quietly as possible. She knew she was breaking her own plan, but she had to make sure everything worked. The plan she'd told everyone was almost a fake. She didn't want any curious telepaths snooping around and finding out what she was planning. This was the only way she could think of.

Lurking behind the three elves, she watched as Tempest whispered something in a strange language that couldn't have been the Enlightened Language, since Sophie had taught her that, and a blond elf, who I could only guess was Gisela, came out from secret entryway. "Ah, Tempest, you're back!" She said walking closer to her. The two of them stared at each other for a short while before Gisela slapped her across the face. "Where were you?" She hissed.

"Gisela," Tempest started calmly, "I don't know if you realized this, but killing someone's friend doesn't make them like you." Annabeth stared at Tempest. Tempest didn't know of any plan, as far as she knew, so her lie was completely on her own behalf. Smiling, she found herself unable to keep from trusting the girl a bit more.

"And why did you bring my son here?" Gisela asked.

"Tam helped me." Tempest added on to her lie, "He never left our cause, but only I knew it. You said you wanted him to fulfill his legacy, right?"

Gisela grinned, "Well, I'm sure having a friend here will help convince you to stay." She told her son.

Keefe gave a sharp laugh, "Fat chance."

Gisela sighed, but she didn't stop smiling, "You never know. Follow me, Cyclone."

Gisela turned on her heel and disappeared back into the base. Annabeth waited for everyone to start after her before following Gisela into the base. Walking down the slanted path, she stopped when the path suddenly dropped. From a distance, the drop would've looked like a dead end in a small cave. Carefully, she dropped down and froze when Keefe, Tam, and Tempest turned around slightly at the sound. She waited for them to turn around again before she approached them.

As she came closer she listened to their conversation,"... name was Tempest?" Keefe said quietly.

"I have many names," Tempest replied, "Most of them are nicknames. At this point, I'm not entirely sure which one I picked. If I remember correctly, you knew me as Typhoon," she pointed at Tam, "Fintan and Vespera occasionally call me Storm, Gisela calls me Cyclone, Alvar and Ruy have a strange amount of fun calling me Gale, and, for some reason, Gethen prefers to call me Squall."

"Yeah, let's not use that last one," Keefe told her.

Tempest shrugged, "Well, every name that I'm called was considered my name for a time, similar to Glimmer, except everyone had different ideas of what to call me. Right now the most common name is Tempest, though I'm sure soon it'll change soon enough. Still, a few people will keep giving me the name Tempest."

Tam looked like he was about to say something when they all froze. Annabeth stopped and looked at what they were staring at and felt her eyes widen. Tempest stood between Keefe and Tam, standing confidently, although the hand holding her left arm made her look anything but brave to Annabeth. Past her was a group of 6 people, two of which were girls, and the rest were men. One of the girls was Gisela, so Annabeth assumed the other was Vespera. There was also a boy who looked a lot like Fitz, so she guess he was the brother Fitz hated named Alvar, but she didn't know enough about the others to guess who they were.