Chapter 18: ...What? -Keefe

A/n: Yes, this is a Keefe chapter. There are some pretty important things that I need to reveal at some point, so this chapter will make it easier for me. Enjoy!

PoV: Keefe

"Keefe, we don't need to check Everglen a third time!" Biana complained .

 "They could be hiding somewhere!" I countered, " You never know! "

 "You search this closet every time we walk through this hallway! If anyone was in there, we would've found them! "

"You're not using that as an excuse to drag me the Shores of Solace!"

 " Yes I am! I don't care if you think it's worth it or not! "

 "Biana, there's no reason to check on my dad! I'm sure he's fine!"

"You don't know that! And I'm not worried about your dad! But there could be clues about the raids at the Shores of Solace, and we need all the information we can get."

 " Then why don't we search Candleshade or something? " I asked, searching for any excuse to not go to my father's sea side home.

 "Uh, because nobody has lived there for a long time!" Biana pointed out, " Who would search an empty house? "

"According to you, we're currently searching an empty house."

" You know what I mean! " Biana sighed, grabbing out the pathfinder we had used to get there, since Biana wanted to leave her home crystal with Sophie, and Sophie had given Biana hers. 

Biana set the pathfinder her the facet that led to the Shores of in before grabbing the back of my cape, "Come on, Keefe."

 " Biana, No! " I cried as I tried to unclasp my cape.

"Biana yes," she replied as I was dragged into the beam created by the pathfinder.

_________

When we arrived at the Shores of Solace, the first thing I tried to do was take the pathfinder away from Biana, which was pointless, since she just vanished and ended up behind me. I sighed, "Fine, we can search here. But if my dad locks me in my room and never lets me out, I'm blaming you. "

"Oh please, your dad couldn't lock you in your room for an hour." Biana countered, " You just never left because you wanted to annoy him. "

"True." 

We walked carefully towards the grey blue building. There were no visible lights coming from the inside, and no sound besides the waves crashing on the sand. Slowly, I pushed open the door, Biana following behind me. Everything was in complete disarray, with almost every piece of furniture overturned and every book and piece of paper lying on the floor. Every drawer had been opened and emptied, along with the closets. While part of me was happy that my father would have to deal with this, the other part of me wondered how he let it happen in the first place.

Biana must've been thinking the same thing as me, because she started moving through the chaos, looking for clues as to what they were looking for. I half heartedly joined her, thinking more about how Sophie had refused to tell us what the Neverseen members must've been looking for. All she had said was that "our families might be in danger". Like, Foster may be great, but you don't say things with that small of an amount of detail.

When we finished in the front room, we continued through the rest of the house, which was quicker than at first, since it was less of a disaster, sadly. Biana and I carefully picked our way through the mess, looking for any possible clues. Like I had suspected, we couldn't find any.