Chapter 24: First morning at base - Hazel

A/n: Hey guys! I wasn't gone again, I was just lazy and decided to take a day off. Sorry! Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's read through the entire story, since, looking back on it, it was probably really confusing. I promise this story is getting somewhere, but all the fillers are important. Now, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

PoV: Hazel

When I woke up, I was still extremely tired, which was normal for nightmare prone demigods, but still. Tempest and I had stayed up talking for hours into the night, which showed me a new, almost childlike side to the normally confident girl. Needless to say, I now saw her as an entirely different person.

Rubbing my eyes, I got off the huge bed the elves gave me to sleep on and put on one of the solid red tunics and black leggings Sophie had lent me. She was literally the only elf that didn't like wearing glitter, so she was pretty much the only one who gave me, Annabeth, or Piper, anything half reasonable to wear. The others just wore dresses with as many gems as possible, which made no sense, considering that they could get into a battle at any moment, and sparkly dresses aren't the best thing to fight in.

Pushing some on my frizzy hair behind my ear, I walked out the door to my room. Pretty much everyone was staying in rooms that used to be cells the Neverseen prisoners were kept in. The elves, along with Annabeth and Leo, had built surprisingly sturdy walls out of the rubble to make rooms. Then again, this is future architect Annabeth helping with the building.

as I walked down the hall, I ran into Biana. Like, literally ran into her. For some reason, she was invisible, and when I bumped into her, she reappeared for a second, holding a finger to her mouth in a shushing feature before disappearing again. Slowly I looked around the corner to see what she was watching.

Tempest and Keefe were standing there, talking. I was too far away to hear what they were saying, but judging by their expressions and how Tempest's arms were crossed over her chest, they were arguing. "What are they fighting about?" I whispered.

" I don't know. " Biana replied from somewhere near me, "All I know is that Keefe started it, which isn't exactly like him. "

I nodded in understanding and kept watching. Whatever they were fighting about seemed important, which only made me want to know what was happening more. "So, do we interrupt or leave them here? "

"I was wondering that too. I really want to know what the argument was about, but on the other hand I don't want Keefe to get Sophie to give me a lecture on eavesdropping if he figured out I was there. "

"That makes sense." I looked at the two arguing elves sadly before continuing , "Do you think we can get Percy or Leo or someone to break up the fight?"

" Why not us? " Biana asked.

"Because I'm not good at lying and they would probably do it for fun of they were here anyway."

" I guess that's fair. " Biana replied, "You go get them. I can hide better, and I really want to see if I can figure out what caused the argument in the first place. "

I nodded and walked down the hallway. In a surprisingly short amount of time, I ran into Leo and managed to explain what needed to happen. The fact that he was smiling the entire time I was talking was slightly concerning, but at least that meant he sort of understood. 

As we started walking back, I heard someone call my name. I turned to see Annabeth walking towards me. "Just keep going down this hall, I'll catch up." I told Leo before walking to Annabeth. " What is it? "

"Have you seen Percy?" Annabeth asked.

" No, but it's still early. He could be asleep? "

"I checked his room already. He wasn't there."

" Is he at breakfast then? " I asked. Annabeth shook her head, "Well, is there a lake nearby or something?"

" I don't think so. If there is, I haven't seen it the whole time I've been here. "

I smiled, "I'm sure he's fine Annabeth. You can never really predict what Percy's doing."

Annabeth nodded, but she still looked worried. Who could blame her ? Percy had gone missing for a while before we could defeat Gaea, so what were the chances Juno would do the same thing again? You could never tell with the gods.

Annabeth sighed, "I just hope he's okay."

" Hope who's okay? " a voice caused both of us to jump.

"Percy!" Annabeth exclaimed when she saw who had spoken. She hugged him before elbowing him in the ribs, "Don't do that again."

" Do what? " Percy asked, trying not to laugh.

"Disappear. Nobody knew where you were."

" Where were you anyway? " I asked.

"Outside." Percy said casually, "I was chilling with two small pegasi with horns. " 

"You mean alicorns? " Annabeth corrected.

"If that's what they're called, yes."

Annabeth smiled, "Well, you learn something new every day." She grabbed Percy's wrist, " Come on, Sophie and Dex needed your help with something. "

"My help?" Percy laughed as Annabeth dragged him through the hallway, "I thought you were the smart one!"

I smiled to myself as they disappeared around the corner. Turning around, I jumped when Tempest was standing 7 feet away from me. "Um... do you need something?" I asked slowly.

Her hand fidgeted with ends of her sleeves as she spoke, "Uh... you remember what we talked about last night, right?"

" Yes... "

"I think I figured it out."

I tilted my head slightly, " 'Figured it out'? You mean the dream? "

"Yeah." She looked down at her feet, " And the worst part is that I don't think he dies. "

"How is that the worst part?" I asked.

" Because the man who was holding him in my dream had two seeds in his hand. We only plant those seeds when someone dies. "

I felt my eyes widen as I thought about what she said, "Wait. You think..."

Tempest nodded, "There's no other explanation for the seeds. "

"Two people are going to die?" I asked , making sure I was hearing her right.

Tempest nodded again, "The prophecy says '7 old and 7 new, split to fight for what is true.' There's a chance it meant more than just dividing groups. "

Sorry if that chapter seemed confusing. I was trying to get a lot in. See you later!