Chapter 20: Admitting - Dex

A/n: I did it!! I updated twice! That makes me feel really good, for some reason. Anyhow, enjoy the chapter!

PoV: Dex

 "So... yeah. That's basically everything." I said after I had finished. The triplets and my father looked very confused, which made sense, considering I hadn't been able to mention demigods or Camp Half Blood. 

My mother, on the other hand, seemed more worried, "Um, Dex, can we quickly talk about this in the hall?"

I looked over at Sophie , who was still busy talking with Grady and Edaline, "Sure."

We both walked through the door, my mother shutting it behind us. "Where were you?" She asked quietly.

"What?"

"I need to know where you were. The Black Swan had been expecting the remaining Neverseen members to attack, and if your friend is telling the truth then we ca-"

"No," I interrupted .

"What?"

"I can't tell you."

" but Dex, this-"

"I want to tell you. To tell you everything. But I promised I wouldn't. They're keeping our secret hoping that we do the same. "

"So they aren't elves?"

" No, they aren't, but that's all I can say. "

my mother sighed, "Ok. You don't need to tell me. But do you know how you blacked out?"

I shook my head, " Everything was fine and then five minutes later, " I snapped my fingers, "It also doesn't help that many things leading up to it are really hard to remember."

The froster nodded, " I understand. Well, that's all I wanted to know. "

"Sorry I couldn't really help you..."

She tilted my chin up and smiled, " As long as you're okay, I'm happy. " I smiled back and we walked back into the room.

As soon as Sophie saw me, she ran over. "Biana just called," she said , shaking her imparter, "Apparently Fitz is back."

" How? " I asked.

"I don't know. But however it happened, he brought all 5 of them and a Neverseen member."

"My son brought a Neverseen member somewhere?" Alden asked.

" By the way Biana put it, it seemed more like the Neverseen member brought him to the Shores of Solace. "

"And I'm guessing they brought the 5 as well?" I asked.

" That's my guess. " Sophie replied.

"Who's 'the 5'?" Rex asked.

 " Are they family?" Lex added.

 "Do they like pranking people?!?" Bex exclaimed .

Sophie smiled, "Well, they're not family, but I'm sure a few of them would like playing pranks on people with you." Whether or not saying that was a good idea, I couldn't tell, since it got the trio discussing pranks they could pull off with some of the demigods, but at least it kept them from asking questions. 

"We also promised not to say who they are, " I added, sneaking a glance at my mom before looking back at Sophie, "So, did Biana want us to meet with them?"

Sophie nodded , "she also wanted us to bring Tam, Linh, and the other two."

I thought about that group for a moment, "What about Marella?"

Sophie shook her head, " Marella heard that something was happening her mom so she went back to make sure she was okay. Surprisingly, that leaves us with 14 people. "

I stated at Sophie in surprise as I remembered what Sophie had said about the prophecy. Sophie was grinning, and I couldn't help but smile back. It was all falling into place.

"Uh, what's so surprising about the number 14?" My father asked .

"You wouldn't quite understand." I smiled at him.

"We're really sorry to cut this reunion short, " Sophie started, "But we kind of need to save the Lost Cities..."

Edaline smiled and pulled the two of us into a hug.. "You two be careful, okay?"

" We will, mom, " Sophie replied. When Edaline let go, pretty much everyone else in the room wrapped us in one of the largest group hugs I'd ever seen.

"Looks like we should probably be careful!" I laughed once everyone let go.

" Guys don't worry! " Sophie said as she giggled, "We'll look out for each other."

I nodded, and my mom gave me one final hug before we walked out of the room. I didn't even realize I was crying until a cold tear fell onto my hand. When I looked over at Sophie, I could see her crying too. We were both thinking the same thing; that we may not come back.

"Sophie," I said softly, "We'll be okay,"

Sophie didn't say anything, but nodded and we continued walking until we arrived outside. I then grabbed my pathfinder to the light and we leaped away.

______________

When we arrived, a random thought came to mind, "Um, Soph? Why didn't we teleport here? "

Sophie sighed and looked at her hands, "I haven't been really comfortable with teleporting after what happened last time."

"I get it, " I grinned when Sophie looked up at me again and smiled.

 "Sophie! Dex! " I heard Linh call. Turning around, I saw her running towards us with Tam following behind, "Did you find anyone? "

"Actually, we found almost everyone!" Sophie said with a smile. "They were all hiding at Havenfield."

" I'm glad they're safe! "

"So are we, " I said, "Uh, Linh, do you happen to know where Annabeth and Leo are?"

"I think they're waiting for you inside. Why? "

 "Biana wants us 6 to meet her at the Shores of Solace. "

Linh's smile widened, "Ok! I'll go get them! "

Sophie smiled as Linh ran back to the base. Tam slowly came over to us. "If this 'meeting ends up getting Linh hurt..."

" It won't. " Sophie assured him.

We stood in silence until Linh came running back with Leo and Annabeth, "We're ready!" She exclaimed.

" Good. " I said, "Cause you're meeting their friends," I pointed at the demigods.

"They're here?!? " Annabeth exclaimed.

"Actually, they're at the Shores of Solace, but yeah."

Leo grinned, " What are we waiting for? "

I looked at Sophie, "Are you okay with..."

Sophie sighed, "I will. I have to get over my fear sometime."

I smiled and we all linked hands. Slowly, we levitated upwards and then dropped, teleporting to the Shores of Solace.

When we landed,the first that happened was Annabeth and Leo running over to their friends. It was a sweet, but short reunion as Biana cleared her throat, "I want to get straight to the point. Elves, meet the demigods."

sorry that was so rushed, we're busy right now... I hope you liked it. Also, I'm going to be home for a few days starting tomorrow, so I have to leave you with this. See ya!