Chapter 12: Dream

My first academic year went really fast than I expected.

There were lots of examinations, unannounced quizzes, unprecedented recitations but I got through with those.

There were also a lot of downfalls – times when I was so overwhelmed from the shitloads of paper works.

It may be weird as it seemed but, there were actually times when the only option was to breakdown. To cry your eyeballs out from 10 in the evening until 4 in the morning, just trying to squeeze in your mind the contents of the reviewer or whatsoever.

Nevertheless, I would lie if I say I didn’t regret Biochemistry. I regretted taking this course 100 times but at the end of the day, you got your eyes on the prize.

UAAP quite forwarded so fast too. Juan’s team entered semifinals but failed to reach the championship. He was disappointed, yes. But the guy just developed bigger perseverance. He said he’s going to come back stronger.

After their run in the UAAP, it was safe to say that we were able to spend more time with each other. Juan was still courting me. I found it so hard to focus on what I needed to conclude because of school. Yet, he never pressured me.

He said that I must be the captain of my own decisions. He may have influenced my decisions a bit, but he made it clear that whenever I would be ready, he would also be ready, just waiting.

I was just so thankful for Juan. His patience was never in question. He would always visit me in UST after a bad day. Sometimes, he would just randomly surprise me because he just missed me.

Today was Saturday and I was busy picking what to wear for my scheduled date with Juan. We were both free of any commitments today and he said we should celebrate my grades for acing it in my first year.

Dean’s lister, thank You, Lord.

In the end, I just chose a plain black t-shirt – you can never go wrong with plain shirts, light blue maong pants and white sneakers.

Clarisse said I didn’t have to put make-up on because according to her, I was already stunning without it. I knew she was just joking because I knew to myself I was starting to look like a zombie out of stress.

I still remembered the day she found out that I didn’t have a boyfriend during the past years of my life. She was basically surprised. Because of that, she was very persuasive in getting me a boyfriend but Juan came.

Juan came and he turned the tables.

I went down the building and I saw Juan was already waiting for me outside. He didn’t park his car again in front.

I smiled. Good man.

“I’m sorry, I took too long preparing. Kinailangan ko mag-ayos kasi hindi mo naman sinabi saan tayo pupunta,” I apologized and gave him a smile.

Juan looked at me for like 10 seconds as if he was surprised by my sight. Why? Was it because I was wearing a lip tint?

He slightly shook his head, as if trying to convince himself to go back to his senses.

“You don’t need to do anything more. You’re already beautiful,” he greeted and kissed my forehead. He intertwined his hand with mine and guided me towards his car.

Juan and his compliments. Juan just being Juan.

“Where are we going?” I asked him as he started the engine of his car.

“Somewhere you would like.”

“Library?”

He laughed at what I said and looked at me. “I would build a library for you, Belle. Gusto mo?” Juan was staring at me sweetly and I got afraid if he was really serious in building me a library.