Chapter 2 - Friends in Space

Two years after Adam told his best friend about how he really feels about the peaceful, yet boring life he has, a familiar spaceship is making its way through Space. It's the best friends squad + Entrapta on their way to a new planet. They've been in space for almost a year now, helping different planets getting their magic back. 

Adora looks glamorous and confident standing in the front of the ship, taking coordinates and planning their next mission. Or so she does in Catra eyes. She loves her Gf more than words can describe. But something has been weird between them. Between all of them since they left Kaulan. Catra sighs and leans herself back in the sofa beside Entrapta, whom's constanally making upgrades to their ship. Right now she's playing with tech and electricity, to make them a more accurate navigation system. 

"Hey, Entrapta."Catra says. "Aren't you missing Hordak?" Hordak decided to stay back at their planet, when they had prepared to go to space. Personally is Catra fine with, that he stayed behind, but maybe Entrapta misses him? 

"Oh we... actually we write to each other everytime we can! And I send pictures to him, so he knows I'm doing fine." Entraptas says. She lays the navigation system she was working on, back at the table. Wauw. She really misses him. Catra feels guilty for thinking, just for one second, that she would be in Entraptas place. Being back at Etheria and not worrying about whatever was going on between Bow and Adora. 

"So... you do?" Catra asks. Entrapta is silent for a movement, and Catra regrets talking about this topic. Please don't begin to cry. She begs inside her head. 

"Ah but it's fine. It really is." Entrapta tries to smile, but it becomes a weirdly grimace. "He has to take care of all the clones Horde Prime left behind. I totally understand him. And he isn't alone. Wrong Hordak is there to help. He helps the clones find their own individual mind and personality. Even though they all share the same DNA they're different individuals! Isn't that fascinating!" Entrapta eyes starts sparkling again, like the always do, when she talks about science. Catra chuckles in relief, that Entrapta didn't begin to cry, and that she's still the same silly her. 

Adora hears her Gf laughing and looks over her shoulder to see it. Catra look a bit different now. Her hair has gotten longer and she seems more happy than ever before. Adora smiles. 

"Adora." Bow calls from the navigation room. Adora sighs in annoyance as she walks over to him.

"What?" She says. Bow ignores her irritated voice and says. 

"I've found a planet only a few hours away." 

"So let's go there." Adora says and starts walking away again. 

"I don't think it'll be necessary." Bow says. 

Adora stops up. "Why not?" 

Bow continues. "They already have magic." 

Adora doesn't know how to respond but is eager to stop talking to Bow, so she says. "Then let's not." She tries to go away again, but this time Bow grips her hand-wrist. Adora pulls her hand out of Bows grip with a almost frightened face. Bow looks sad at Adora. He then closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. 

"This can't go on, Adora. We have to talk!" He says.

"Talk? Talk about what? We have nothing to talk about!" Adoras rages. She turns around again and Bow knows that this isn't the time to convince her to talk to him, so he goes straight for the point.

"It could be them. It could be The First Ones." 

Again, Adora turns around. "No! It can't be! You know better than to get my hopes up!" Bow knows what she refers to. Adora continues. "Eternia is desolated. Nobody was there! You saw it yourself:" Tears are creeping up into Adoras eyes. 

"Adora-" Bow begins but- 

"No." Adora moves away. 

Bow takes Adoras hand, gentler than before. "Listen Adora. That you are alive is a sign that there are First Ones out there, somewhere. I could be that they abandoned their planet to save themself. We won't lose anything by trying." 

Adora calms down. She knows that Bow is right, but could he stop holding her hand? It's good that no one else can see them here. 

Bow looks calm and he has that speciel ability to tell when she's upset. Or maybe she's just obvious. Adora doesn't know. 

She looks again at their hands. They still really shouldn't do this. 

Glimmer comes out of the kitching and yells. "The food's ready!" Everybody comes running with drooling mouths. "Please don't make this a habit. I feel like I've stood in the kitchen since we left Twahu." Glimmer says. 

"That's because you learned some cool recipes from that chef." Bow says excited. He looks so happy. Glimmer smiles. It what was supposed to be a happy smile but ends up being a sad one. She really loves Bow but... ever since their time on Kaulan, everything's been weird. Bow and Adora can't talk normally with eachother without arguing. Catra has, like Glimmer, noticed that there's something going on, but neither had sad anything. Glimmer looks at Catra. Her hair looks good with the length it's gotten, and Catra herself hasn't looked better. 

Catra catches Glimmer staring. "What up sad face?" She says with a smile. Glimmer immediately hears the treacherous *donki donki* from her heart, but she tries to ignore it. 

"Nothing, Cat Queen. I was just thinking about what our next mission was going to be." Glimmer looks at Bow and Adora. They both look at each other before Bow swallows his food, befora Adora can get to, and says. 

"There's a planet nearby. We can make it there in a few hours or so." He says.

"That's great news!" Glimmer says excited. She then asks. "So.. what's the plan this time." She looks at Adora. 

Adora also swallows her food, and she looks at Bow as she says. "It could be a First Ones colony." There's silent between all of them. "They have magic, so we won't be restoring that but..." Adoras tears starts falling. 

"Adora whats wrong?" Catra asks. 

"I-I .... I really wanna go there." Adora cries.

The whole table looks at her. They all know why. "I guess there's nothing wrong with setting this whole trip on a pause, to see if it could be them." Glimmer starts. Adora looks less sad. 

"Yeah! It could totally be a nice vacation!" Catra joins. 

"I don't see why we shouldn't go there." Entrapta consent. 

Adora smiles. "Thanks guys." She says. She looks at Bow who smiles back at her. Glimmer gets an unpleasant feeling in her stomach. Can't they be less obvious? The only one who seems to be blind to it is Entrapta, but even she feels the tensing between them. The others starts talking about what there gonna do when they get to the colony, and Glimmer sighs. She can't blame Bow nor Adora. After all, isn't she as bad as them? These treacherous feeling she gets every time Catra is around... why does her feelings have to be so complicated? She feels like she betrays Bow every time her heart betrays her. Therefor Glimmer tries to ignore it. It's only here to make her life more complicated. Beside, isn't this a big enough mess without her adding fuel to the flames? 

They plan out what they're gonna do once they land at the colony and Adora is found by the thought. It could be them. My Family.

/// Kaulan and Twahu are planet whom they've visited.///