Chapter 7 - Jaces mistrust

"It's hard to explain this feeling." says Adora. "But my heart feels whole." 

Glimmer, Bow and Catra looks at her, while Adora explains her meeting with her parents. 

"Wauw! you really found them." Glimmer says excited and she takes Adoras hands and hold them in hers. Adora smiles all over her face. 

Catra makes this weird expression, but none of them notices except from Bow. "You know she won't leave you." He says quietly to her.

"I know." says Catra. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. When she opens her eyes she smiles a truthful smile. She turns to Adora. "I'm so happy for you Adora." When she looks at her Gf she finally has this feeling in her stomach that she doubted she would get. "Is this even real? Are we going to meet your parents?" 

"Well yes of course!" Adora says. "In fact, they have invited us all to a feast this evening! It would be so nice if you all would come." Adora has the brightest smile in the world, and Catra melts by it. Of course. Of course Catra's happy for her. How could she ever doubt that she wouldn't be? 

"Of course will be going!" Glimmer hugs Adora. "This here is incredible!" None of them objects and they're all jumping and happy dancing for Adoras new found Family. 

All of them, except Entrapta. She hasn't joined their conversation at any time, to ask about how the colony's culture was. She would always cross-examine Adora whenever she came back, she could learn about the planet, and write it in her journal. She used to be pretty excited about that but now... she's silent. Not a word is leaving her mouth. She's in the other side of the room, working on the control-panel, stooping and with a sad expression. "Adora! This is amazing!" Bow says, and for the first time in a long while, Adora smiles back to him.

.

.

.

"How do we know that we can trust her?" Jace asks Adel and Melayna. They are all three in the feast hall, preparing for tonight's dinner.

"Of course we can. She's our daughter!" Adel says carefree. He's setting the chairs where they shall be, while Melayna is giving orders to a villager, about where the midseason flowers shall be.

"What if she really has brainwashed Adam?" Jace whispers. Their son is standing about a hundred meters from them, talking to a girl his age, maybe even flirting. They're both laughing at something, while standing unnecessary close to each other, so could be.

"I've never seen First Ones Magic brainwash anybody. And I don't think that it's a power the Sword of Grayskull has." Melayna says.

"It's pretty cool that she has the sword!" Adel says to Melayna, trying to kill Jaces debatte.

"But what if somebody else on that ship had the power to brainwash him?" Jace continues.

Adels roll his eyes but Melayna sounds as patiently as if she was talking to Mr. Grumpy. "Adam didn't encounter anyone else from the ship, besides Adora. And I think we can trust her." Even she, the queen of patience (literally) sounds annoyed in the last sentence.

"What proof do you have?" Jace asks.

"You know what?" Adel says in that 'I'm done with this' kind of voice. "I think you're just jealous."

Jace makes a sudden movement. "I'm Not!" He says somewhat calm.

"Yes you are." Adel says in a slightly/highly teasingly way. "If she had given you the impression that she liked you, you wouldn't have a problem with her."

"I WOULD!" Jace 'says.' Adel laughs and the Queen smirks.

"I should have figured." She says.

"You're both wrong!!!" Jace yells, yet somewhat flustered.

.

.

.

"So are you gonna tell them about how you slayed that Seadonky?" Catra ask excited. The sun is setting, and they're walking towards the Village. 

Adora snorts as she laughs. "Hahaha! Their expressions would be priceless!" 

"Especially since they've never seen a Seadonkey." Glimmer logicly points out. 

"Yeah ... I also think it's more importantly to inform them about Horde Primes death." Adora says. 

"What? They don't know about that?" Catra asks. 

"No. Adam said that they don't have the tech to go to space, and I doubt anyone else beside us has visited this place in at least the last 100 years." Adora says. 

"What makes you think that?" Glimmer ask. 

 "Unlike the other planets we've visited, they don't thank me, or She-ra, for dethroning Prime. It's not like I miss the praise, but I just think it's funny they've haven't mention it." Adora explains further. 

"WHAT?! They don't know about Prime then?" Glimmer asks furious. 

"Glimmer why are you angry about that?" Adora ask confused. 

"Because it's important that they know!" Glimmer raises her voice. 

"It's not like I decided to hide the fact!" Adora raises her voice too. 

"Guys!" Catra calls. "Shouldn't we wait for Bow and Entrapta?" 

Glimmer and Adora arguing. "Wait. They aren't here?" Adora asks confident, as if that can't be. But when Catra shakes her head, and she and Glimmer looks around, they can't see them. "Wauw." Adora just says. 

"Did we really leave without them?!" Glimmer freaks out.

///

Glocery:

Seadonkey = a dangerous Sea creature/Alian