𝟖. 𝐁𝐎𝐆𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐓

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

BOGGART

***

PROFESSOR LUPIN wasn't in sight when I had walked into class and everyone was talking to each other. Daphne had saved me a seat next to her. "Is Malfoy okay?" Daphne asked as I set my things down next to her.

I shook my head, "Basically on the verge of death." 

Daphne turned her head to the left, where Millicent sat on the other table and they both shared a worried look.

Blaise turned around from the desk in front of us, "So he's fine?" Blaise laughed.

"He's milking it so hard," I laughed placing my quill and parchment on the table.

When Lupin had finally arrived the class was deep into many little conversations with each other. Lupin didn't say anything until he had placed his tatty briefcase on his desk. The classroom fell quiet and turned to face him. 

"Good afternoon - now, I want you all to pack away your things. Today we'll be doing a practical lesson so follow me!" He cheerfully instructed.

We've never had a practical DADA lesson unless you count the one in a million Gilderoy Lockhart and his cage of pixies.

Puzzled but interested, the class obliged and followed him to a classroom just down the hall with open space and a closet in the middle of the room. The closet shook as people stepped foot into the room. I looked around and watched the students fill the room, Slytherins heading off to one side and Gryffindors on the other.

Peeves floated past the door singing and giggling while being chased by Filch who was shouting curse words at him.

"You look lost." Ron stepped over to me.

I drew my eyes away from the door and smiled at him, "I was looking for you," I lied.

He grinned guiding me to the Gryffindors who didn't seem to have any problem with me.

I wasn't really paying attention to Professor Lupin and using the boys in front of me as a cover so I could keep an eye on the door for Draco to walk in. I started to get annoyed because of the act he was putting on.

"No one knows." A voice from the other side of me spoke up. A voice I recognized. 

I whipped around to see Hermione standing next to me behind Harry, peering over his shoulder, "Where did you come from?" I asked.

She ignored me. "Boggarts are shapeshifters and takes form of whatever someone fears the most, that's what makes them so-"

"-So terrifying. Correct. In this case we have a huge advantage over the boggart, who can tell me why?" Lupin asked. Hermione's hand shot up in the air. "I want to ask Miss Gaunt who seems to be hiding away."