𝟏𝟔. 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

CHAPTER FIFTEENWALK IN THE MOONLIGHT***

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
WALK IN THE MOONLIGHT
***

I GOT UP FROM HIS BED, "What are you doing?" He asks.

"Are we not going to check it out?"

I already knew Harry wanted to go with me so the two of us crept out of the Gryffindor common room and wandered through the hallways, following Pettigrew's name.

"Lumos," I mutter and Harry does the same.

For the most part we were unsuccessful in finding anything and Pettigrew's name was moving a lot faster than we were.

"We're never going to find him," Harry sighs.

"Not with that attitude we're not - I still don't understand, he's meant to be dead?"

"Yeah well he's not acting very dead is he?"

I shake my head and continue walking.

After a couple of minutes in silence Harry finally speaks up. "Elle...can I ask you something?"

"Go for it." I smile at him.

"Do you fancy Malfoy?"

I snort, "What? No."

Harry had an almost worried look to his face, my eyebrows knit together, "Why?"

Harry shrugs, "He's just, I don't know...I wouldn't want you falling into a bad path because of him and his family and You-Know-Who."

What he said made sense and it showed me he genuinely cares for me but something told me that wasn't the reason he asked. "Is that all."

Harry nods.

"No it's not," I shut him down. "What else is there?"

Harry's eyes meet mine and he shrugs. "Well...I'd be a little jealous..." He sighs.

I smile widely and step closer to him, "Sounds like a crush to me."

"Yeah alright Eloise," He mutters and gently shoves me away.

"Harry-"

"-You don't have to say anything back, I just thought it would be easier to get it off my chest, you know?"

I nod, "I understand that but is a girl really what you need to be dealing with while a killer is on the loose?"

Harry took a second to think, "I guess you're right."

"Always am." I laugh quietly.

"And we're young."

"Precisely." I smile.

I look down at the map to check the direction we are headed in, Pettigrew was right ahead of us but quickly changed corse and was heading to us. "Harry look!"