𝟏𝟐. 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇

CHAPTER TWELVEQUIDDITCH***

CHAPTER TWELVE
QUIDDITCH
***

THE DAY BEFORE the quidditch match the weather was awful and stormy, the winds howled and the rain fell harder than ever. The hallways were dark and gloomy and needed extra lanterns and candles to light up the corridors.

"Professor Lupin has not left any record of the previous topics you had been studying - and if he has he's done a terrible job at leaving them somewhere locatable-"

I was sitting next to Draco, listening to Snape who was covering our DADA lesson. The door flew open and everyone's head turned to see who it was.

"-Sorry I'm late Professor, I-" Harry stopped, noticing it wasn't Lupin.

"-This lesson began ten minutes ago, Potter so I think that will be ten points from Gryffindor." Snape said sharply, "Sit down."

Out the corner of my eye I noticed a wide smirk stretch across Draco's face. Harry didn't move from where he was stood, "Where's Professor Lupin?" He asked.

"He says he is feeling too ill to teach today. I believe I told you to sit down,"

But Harry still didn't move, "What's wrong with him?" He asked.

"Nothing life threatening," Snape said but looked as if he wished it was, "Five more points from Gryffindor and if I have to ask you to sit down again it will be fifty."

Harry stopped talking and slowly went to his seat, Snape carried on talking, "As I was saying before Potter interrupted, Professor Lupin has not left any records of the topics you have previously covered,"

"Please sir, we've done boggarts, red caps, kappas and grindylows," Hermione quickly said, "And we are just about to start-"

"-Be quiet." Snape said coldly, "I did not ask what you were studying, I was merely commenting on Professor Lupin's lack of organization."

Dean Thomas boldly spoke up, "He is the best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher we've had," There was a quiet murmur of agreement from the rest of the class.

Snape looked at the class in silence before saying, "You are easily satisfied." Snape looked down at his copy of the textbook and flicked through the pages until he got to the last chapter. "Today we will be studying werewolves."

"But sir," Hermione spoke up again, "We're due to start learning about hinkypunks. We aren't supposed to be learning about nocturnal beasts for weeks."

"Miss Granger," Snape said in a voice you could mistake for calm, "I was under the impression that I am teaching this lesson, not you."

Hermione stayed quiet and looked down, "Turn to page 394," Snape said.

Many of the students sighed and looked at Snape bitterly as we all turned the pages of our books.