Chapter 1

"the unexpected moments are always sweeter." -unknown

It was like any other day. I was working the same job I had been working for the past five years. I didn't really like my job but it kept money coming in. It's not really a bad job, but I seem to find myself working really hard, but not getting much outcome I work at a bar, St. Anthony's. I've worked there since college, at first I was a waitress, then I was a backstage clerk, technically i'm still a backstage clerk but now since Julia quit, the manager, I've had to step up and do more work, the difference is that Julia was a manager, getting paid much more than I and I get paid six dollars a hour. She was paid a bit - a lot- more than me, but I do the work of her job. I could quit but then I wouldn't have a job and can't put myself at the risk of losing everything.

Adam, got me the job. He's my best friend, we've been friends for the past couple years, he was my RA freshman year at Perkin College in New York. It was a casual Saturday in my new life, I'd sit down with a cup of noddles and a book, Adam knew I was new, and checked up on me, god knows why. But we started talking and he said he would be late, so I walked with him to work and I was soon offered a job, and accepted since I had been looking for a job and had no luck.

Within the last 5 years, I've managed to graduate and getting into a decent apartment. I had just gotten out of another sticky  relationship. I work the same shifts, that I started on and the only fun thing I would do was drink with Adam and cry about the rut I seemed to be stuck in. But that was really only my fault, I didn't know what to do with my life and didn't want to choose the wrong path for my life, I didn't want to wound up even lonelier than before.

The way to work was a quick route, I was walking because it was so close to my apartment, why waste gas? But today was cold, I was wrapped up to best of my abilities but my outfit for work wasn't exactly warm. You have a thin white shirt, and a thin black vest, along with loose and thin black dress pants. I was wrapped up in my pea coat. But if you know black pea coats at Pay less are very warm either. I shivered at the cold air chilling down my spine, but it was my lucky day and caught the chill as I got to the back door of St. Anthony's.
I opened the door in the back and saw people running around, the rush was busier than usual. There were too many people working, which was normally the exact opposite problem we had. Along with a lot of angry people standing around up front. I could hear and see the ruckus. I take off my pea coat and ask someone what's going on, and they tells us that there's a big time performance going on, and when I asked who, he had no idea. I took the list from him and started ordering people around. Then went up front and order some people around and told the angry customers that it would be just a second, which it was, and they got free bread for the wait. I didn't know why everyone was so frantic or why the customers were so excited. I could ask one of the customers what was going on but that was frankly very unprofessional.
I walked over to Adam, who was stationed at the bar and asked him what exactly was going on and he had no idea either. Which I took as a sign that it was either too small to notice, or too big, which meant we were supposed to know. That's when I knocked on Jeff's door, he's the big guy here, he owns the business. Jeff isn't much of a business owner, he doesn't do anything to try and help the place, he doesn't know how to talk to people. He is just disrespectful and lazy.

He was sitting at the desk and the room was filled with cigarette smoke, his legs kicked up on the table, his phone in front of his face.

"Hello, Kaliea." Jeff said, his scaly voice tingling down my spine, making me more uncomfortable than before.

"Who's on tonight?" I asked, crossing my arms and narrowing my eyes towards him.

"Was that a good greeting?" he asked. No it wasn't, i don't like you why would I greet you. I cleared my throat and angled my eyes at him, he just needs to cough up who's on.

"Who's on tonight, everyone is freaking out." I asked.

"You'll see." Jeff said,  I roll my eyes and close the door, abruptly, he's really annoying.

Soon before I know it I'm running around trying to everything back in order, you turn your back for five seconds and something has already blown up or broken. That's when I saw Jeff walk out of his office and then paged me, which then I walked over to him.

"You ready to greet?" he asked, smirking at me.

"Why me?" I mumbled.

"Because you do the most work, they should meet you."

No shit Sherlock.

We stood outside of the alley for about 3 minutes until a black car pulled up and bodyguards tumbled out. It was still cold outside so I was slightly shivering and my hair felt like it went raw in my messy bun. Jeff was standing next to me smoking. He's such a chain smoker, he's gonna die before his even 50.
There were four different body guards who tumbled out. Then the door opened and I heard a little bit of chatter among the now five of them had shown up, coming from the fifth one who walked out. I hear a deep and accent drenched voice. I see some brown hair and curls. But the bodyguards huddle around whoever it is.

"Hello, I'm Jeff, I run this place, may I meet our guest?" I hear mumbles in the huddle, then two bodyguards move and my eyes shoot open seeing green eyes looking right at me. Admittedly my cheeks go flushed and red, and my cold skin shoots up warm, when I see him. He's Harry Styles.