Chapter 10

"The only time I don't feel like a ghost is when you look at me, because when you look at me, you see me. You see me. This is me." -Owen Hunt; Grey's Anatomy

The thought about Harry and I circulated my mind. I couldn't get what happened to us out of my head. How good and bad that night was. Yes he broke down, but he opened up to me. Then he cuddled me all night. We kissed and just talked, what if I was able to do that every night? Just feel that way with him. Feel so free.

Before I left, he helped me pack up my apartment, finding some very special things and making fun of me. He also helped me load up the truck, and gave me a hug before I could get into the truck to drive. He said that he'll drive my car to Iowa, and I told him 'to be careful with my baby', he agreed, and made a joke saying 'I'll take care of your car too.' Which made me slap his arm, and laugh.

It had been a week since I had last seen him, we had things to deal with before coming to Iowa for his official break from the fame. He told me a bit about it, how he had to make sure people would follow him, like paps. He wouldn't be doing interviews or concerts. He had to take a break from the record label and he wasn't exactly sure how to do that.

But now I was sitting on the couch with a bag of popcorn, watching The Notebook, tomorrow he'd be here, and I just needed to relax before the panic set in. I was having Harry here, and a part of me is fangirling, a huge part of me wanted to seem normal for him.

But then there was a knock on the door and my mother got up from her sewing to open the door.

"Kaliea." I heard in the distance, moments later, and realized Harry was here. I got up and ran to the door and basically jumped on him. He chuckled and held me close to him. My legs were over his waist and his arms were holding me up. I just put my head in the crook of his neck and got a vanilla mint smell of him, when he let me down I just hugged him again. His arms still wrapped around me, as his head resting in the crook of my neck. I hear him inhale my scent just like I did to him. His curls tickling my neck. That's when I heard Baylor clear her throat, and I slowly backed away and my cheeks flushed.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey, Kal," he said. Our eyes locked on one another.

"So...uh. This is my family." I said, still looking at him.

"I'm her mom, Sarah." my mom budged in. "Her dad has the night shift, so you'll see him later." she greeted and Harry hugs her. She smiles and looks at me. Baylor acting with her cool demeanor, but mom and I look at each other knowing she's basically exploding inside.

"I'm Baylor, her sister." she walks over and sticks her hand out and he shakes it and smiles. Then she sits on the counter and acts like she's not paying attention.

"Shall I show you to your couch for the night?" I questioned, and he nodded. I lead him through the kitchen and to the living room. I grabbed my popcorn bag and set it on the coffee table.

"I like it, it's homey." Harry smiled, and I giggled lightly.

"Just make yourself feel like home, really. If you need anything just ask, I'm gonna go to bed. My room is just the first door on the left, and the bathroom is down the far hall. " I said, pointing to my room then and pointing out the things he may need, and he nods along.

"Okay, goodnight," I said, turning away and going into my room. There's a knock on my door.

"What?" I said.

"It's Baylor." a voice said.

"Come in," I said, she opened the door slowly and closed it. Her eyes on me with extreme worry.