Chapter 9

"She wonders if this is what people call falling in love, the desire to be with someone for every minute of the rest of her life so strong that sometimes she is frightened of herself."-Yiyun Li

When I got home, I rush into my apartment. My hands shaking as I try to unlock the door and once I do. I jolted forward and then I closed the door and slid down the door. I feel so weak, so overcome with emotion. I pick up my phone and click on Adam's number, needing someone to talk to, or maybe take my mind off of my situation.

"Hey."

"C-can you come o-over?" I said, my breath is shaky.

"Yes, what's wrong?" he asks.

"I...I..."

"Was it him?"

"No. Yes. He didn't do anything wrong." I said.

"I'll beat his ass." he reminds me.

"I know, just come over, I need help packing," I said.

"Okay." I get up and start the music and start dancing my feelings away and packing until there is a knocking on my door. I shake my head, thinking I'm not hearing anything just the unruly vibe from the music and I twirl around. But then I hear another knock at the door. I stop dancing and walking over to it quickly. I see Harry and move my hair out of the way. My cheeks flushed and tears beginning to cloud my eyes, but I bite them away.

"W-what are you..."

"Adam called me."

"You have his number?"

"Yeah, he said you needed help packing."

"I. Don't. You can go." I said, trying to close the door.

"Kaliea," he saids. stopping the door with his foot.

"I. I'm good," I said.

"Please let me in," he saids, with a scratchy voice. I open the door all the way. I'm weak in the knees for this man. I move for him and he walks past me.

"Ready to work?" he asks, turning down my music. I walk over to him as he does this and glare at him.

"Why did you turn down my music?" I ask, sturnly.

"Too loud." I walk over and turn it back up.

"I don't care." I mouth. I walk away and he goes to touch my stereo and I walk over and slap his hand.

"Mine," I said, I grab his hand and put him in the kitchen and throw a box at him.

"If your here, work don't touch my radio," I shout, turning away.

"Don't touch my radio." he mocks, loudly.I roll my eyes and walk away. Soon I did turn off the radio, as I wanted to listen to a show in my room. I finish packing my room and walk out to my kitchen packed, and Harry sitting on the ground watching Grey's Anatomy and drinking. I begin making my way over to him. He looks like a child sitting on his butt with his feet out the only difference is that he has my cheap vodka. The curls on his head are messy and he looking up at the tv. Could he be more of a mess than me?

"Harry," I said.

"Your alcohol taste like shit," he mutters.

"How long have you been drinking?" I ask.

"Time doesn't matter, but how much you drank." I take the empty bottle of vodka away and put it in my trash can.

"You're annoying," I said.

"I'm drunk." he replies.

"I need to pack up my living room, go lie down in my room," I said.

"Come with me," he saids.

"No Harry." I help him up and push him into my room.

"Kaliea.." he groans. I grab a blanket and handed it to him. "Lay with me." he groans to me.

"Harry," I said, he pulls my hand and I fall on top of him, with a grunt. His hands fall over my waist gently and my face on his chest. I feel something rising underneath me as he hugs me to his chest. Is he really turned on by this?

"That's more like it." he saids, lightly pecking at my neck. The feeling is sensational, his hands wrapped around me. He starts lightly kissing my neck, my heart stumbling, and all I want to do is move and kiss his lips. But then I remind myself,

"Harry your drunk." I said.

"Yeah, just lay with me," he whispers in my ear, making me tingle.

"I can't," I said, standing up. Trying my best to wiggle out of his tight grasp. I shut off the lights and walk out. I start packing up and thinking.

Why did he just do that? He's drunk off cheap liquor. Why did he get hard from me lying fully clothed on top of him? I mean there is nothing hot about me, or sexy. Why did he want me to lay with him? Was it just the alcohol? Why did he drink my shitty alcohol in the first place? Why did he start kissing my neck? Why did it feel so good? My overthinking is definitely getting the best of me as I start packing away more things. While I'm packing up my books and trying to think clearly. Within 30 minutes, Harry runs out of my room and goes into the bathroom. I hear vomiting sounds. I walk in and sit on the tub and rub his back. He looked up at me and his face is red, and tears are draining from his eyes. I take some toilet paper and hand it to him. He wipes his mouth and flushes the toilet. He crawls over to me and lays his head on my lap. I hear sobs from his mouth. I run my hand through his hair. His hand wrapping around me, almost begging for my affection.

"Shh." I hum leaning down into his neck. "Your okay." I said.

"My career is over, Kaliea. I'm a failure." he sobs. I shake my head and kept running my fingers through his hair.

"No. No your not."

"I always said that people who try and have it all then they don't. That they had it and that would always matter, but now I'm shit," he saids.

"No, your not. Harry, look at me." he looks up and his red puffy eyes look into mine. My hands grab his face and I sweep the tears away. His eyes are going to be the death of me. No the broken man lying between my hands, with pure sadness in his eyes is going to kill me.

"You're gonna go to Iowa take a break for 2 months. Those 2 months you'll figure out your footing in the world and what path you should try to take. No matter what that is. No matter who, in the end, you'll find it. What you need. What you love." I said he's eyes still looking at me. "You'll find your way, and we all will. It will be hell, and it will hurt." I said I kiss his forehead, then his nose. "Your so beautiful, Harry," I said. I look into his eyes, and his searching mine. "You'll be okay," I said slowly leaning down and kissing his cheek, carefully kiss a tear away.

"Kaliea," he mumbled, softly.

"Shhh," I said.

I help him up and to my couch. He sits down, and he leans in to cuddle me. I move my legs and he sits in between them and hugs my waist. I grab my remote and turn back on Grey's Anatomy. I began running my fingers through his hair, and he turns his head to watch the tv.

"You watch a lot of Grey's Anatomy." he mumbled. My fingers keep playing with his hair. I can't help my heart when he looks up to me, squirms so his head is on my chest instead, my head leaning down to look at him. I'm sure a double chin being vibrant. He moves up and pecks my lips with his. The simple kind gesture that sends my heart for miles. He tends to do that to me.

"Since I was 10," I said, he hums lightly. I grab the blanket at the end of the couch and put it on him and I. "You're a warm blanket." I said, and he chuckles, as he looks back up to me and his lips peck mine again. That's how simple this night goes for the rest of it, simple pecks, cuddles, and Grey's Anatomy.