Blackout

Trigger Warning ⚠️

I woke up feeling thirsty so I got out of bed and went down stairs to get a glass of water. I filled up the glass with water and was about to go back upstairs when suddenly the power went out I screamed and dropped the glass. I then hear someone coming in through the front door hurriedly and I started to hyperventilate. What's worse I couldn't see anything and I couldn't move because I would get cut by the glass that I dropped. I hear footsteps coming towards the kitchen and I start to cry scared out of my mind. I didn't know who was in my house and I was kinda scared of the dark not gonna lie. I put my hand over my mouth trying my best to be quiet while the sound of the intruder's footsteps was all I could hear. I let out a whimper and I panicked. I then faintly see a tall figure enter the kitchen and I couldn't help but to scream and take a step back. "Ouch!" I yell grabbing into my foot. The figure then scrambles to get his or her phone out almost dropping it and turns on the flashlight. The flashlight turns on and the intruder for some reason points it at her face first quickly knowing it was a mistake when she blinked wincing at how bright it was. When I saw Marthe's face relief washed over me. When She finally got her phone to shine at me I was giving her a 'I'm so done' face. "Babe are you ok?!" She asked. I see her staring at the foot I was holding so I look down and there was blood dripping from my foot. My eyes went wide when I noticed. When I see her start to walk towards me to help "Wait! Don't there's glass on the floor I don't want you getting hurt too." I exclaimed worried. "Don't worry I'm still wearing my boots." She says as she walks over and lowering herself in front of me so I could hop onto her back. I got on her back and she grabbed her car keys and her bag and was about to walk out the door when I said "Wait!" "What's wrong babe?" She asked. "I'm only in a shirt and underwear.." Marthe made an 😯 face not that I could see but could tell. She then set me on the kitchen counter away from the mess and ran up to our room to grab a bra and some shorts for me. "While she was then I yelled asking "Baby? Can you please grab my phone too?" She soon game running down with my clothes and phone in her hands. She got me back on her back and grabbed her things and headed straight out the door. When in the car I quickly put on the clothes she brought. Half way through the ride I realised I have no shoes to wear. "Um baby? I don't have shoes with me.." I ask thinking why. "Oh I know." Marthe replies. I look at her 🤨? "What you think I'm going to let you walk with glass in your foot?" She says in a matter of factly tone. "What about after when I don't have glass in my foot?" I ask back in a sassy way. "Then your foot will still hurt right?" She sasses next back. After that I kept quiet defeated. "I mean I am the one who didn't tell you I was coming home tonight." "Oh yea I totally thought you were some intruder." "I'm sorry I scared you babe." "It's ok I'm glad your home🥰." I smile looking at her grateful to have her in my life even if she scared the shit out of me.