Bad Dream

I woke up that morning breathing hard because of a be dream I had. Instantly I looked over to Marthe's side of the bed but saw nobody. I started to hype ventilate thinking my bad dream was reality. I rushed out of bed and downstairs. I was shaking and close to tears hating the idea if Marthe leaving me. When I looked over to the kitchen Marthe was there making her coffee. She hadn't noticed me come in so she I ran up to her and hugged her from behind she jumped but quickly relaxed seeing it's just me. "What's wrong babe?" she asks as she turns around so I'm hugging her from the front. I hide my head and rub it against her shirt not wanting her to see my teary eyes. Instead of questioning me further she just held me. She knew something was wrong but didn't want to push it if I didn't want to talk about it. She figured I would tell her when I was ready. We played games and talked all day and had fun, so much fun I forgot my dream. That night she cuddled me tight. The next morning I wake up from another nightmare but this time in the dream it was of us fighting over the most stupid things and I felt as though I was trapped in my mind forced to see everything but I couldn't do anything to stop it. I looked over at the balcony that was attached to the room and could tell it was still early because the sun was just rising. I tried to go back to sleep but the dream was still fresh in my memory. I sighed softly and softly got out of Marthe's grip not wanting to wake her too early. I felt Marthe move and groan when I was out of her arms but quickly felt back asleep after. I sigh in relief then walked over to the balcony to sit. Images from the dream kept appearing every time I would lose my eyes for longer than just a blink. Silent tears rolled down my cheeks but eventually stopped. When the sun finally set I hear the sheets moving indicating to me that Marthe has woken up. I quickly rub my cheeks from the tear stains hoping she didn't see them. I look over at Marthe and say "Good Morning Baby!" with a big smile. Marthe frowned noticing my smile didn't meet my eyes and my eyes didn't sparkle like they usually do. "What are you doing up so early?" she asks. "Not sure, woke up and felt so awake I couldn't fall back asleep." I said not wanting her to worry but also not lying. I was afraid my smile might falter so I turn back to the scenery and said "Come look at the view, it's beautiful." I hear Marthe sigh then walk over to the balcony, she then puts her arms around my waist and puts her chin on my head. "Are you sure it wasn't because of your nightmares?" I tense up not expecting he to ask that. But then sigh knowing I could never lie to her. " I didn't want you to worry, feel like such a baby and a burden." I explain with my head down in shame. Marthe turns me around and hugs me tight saying "First of all you're not a burden and second if you don't tell me I'll worry more and last of all if you're a baby then you're my baby." I look up at her and say "I don't know whether to feel offended by that last part or not." "But you're my baby and I love you." she repeats as she boops my nose. In response u scrunch up my nose and pout but say "I love you too." Marthe chuckles then I turn back around to admire the view. "The view IS beautiful but I would rather stare at you all day." I say truthfully. I feel the vibrations of Marthe laughing from behind me she then says "Beat me to it." "Great minds think alike😏." I say.